NVIDIA GTX 660Ti Reviewed

Bosco

When it's predecessor the GTX 560 ti was released it offered decent performance at a reasonable price. The GTX 660 ti offers the expected jump in performance but at a stupid price. If it was $50 cheaper it would be worth buying.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was expecting something that would trample the 7950 and have a lower cost than $300 but I guess thats too much to ask for XD

I'll be waiting for the price to either drop or the 670 to get around to $350. Whichever comes first.

Edited by My_Inner_Fred

I was expecting something that would trample the 7950 and have a lower cost than $300 but I guess thats too much to ask for XD

I'll be waiting for the price to either drop or the 670 to get around to $350. Whichever comes first.

:withstupid: hasn't Nvida learned that their #60GTX cards always have to nearly match their #70GTX cards but with added efficiency and lower price :P.

All in all the performance won't hold as good as the 7950 overtime...in fact it makes the 670 and 680 look worse for having the same amount of Vram, even though the bandwidth is partially neutered.

It's a decent card, just $50 off is a good idea for its value to sit at where previous #60GTX cards have gloriously served.

Lol, cant believe NVIDIA castrated the memory bit interface. 192 bit :-/

No way would I pay that amount of cash for 192 bit. I'd rather go for something like this $329(after rebate) HD7950 at 900MHz core and have the premium 3Gb, 384bit interface and extra ROPs with an aftermarket cooler.

I also heard rumours of AMD dropping the price of HD7950s from $350 to something more competitive but we'll see about that.

Oh and theres a new BIOS for HD7950s that increase the base clock from 800MHz to 850Mhz and add PowerTune boost (like Nvidia's boost) to boost even up to 925MHz in games that makes it like a 670 killer so check that review here : http://pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/AMD-Radeon-HD-7950-3GB-PowerTune-Boost-Review

The may have reduced the memory bandwidth but left the heart for the most part unscathed

Looking at the benchmarks it seems to be a decent performer with the current crop of games but it's the chopped memory bandwith, ROP's & ridiculous price which really hurt. Probably future game releases will come back to bite 192 bit bus right in the keester

At what point doe the thinner bandwidth hurt the performance. This card is built for 1920x1080!

I think its a killer card compared to AMD's offerings. However if the price was a tad lower it would look much better.

Im sure there is room. Look at the cost of the custom 7870 cards that it crushes. They fall in the same range and people were ecstatic over those when you looked at cost for perf.

Lets see it crushes its direct completion the HD 7870 on both price and performance,. plays above its price point competing with the 7950 that is now only 70 bucks more and its not a good deal. I just do not see that logic.

Lol, cant believe NVIDIA castrated the memory bit interface. 192 bit :-/

No way would I pay that amount of cash for 192 bit. I'd rather go for something like this $329(after rebate) HD7950 at 900MHz core and have the premium 3Gb, 384bit interface and extra ROPs with an aftermarket cooler.

I also heard rumours of AMD dropping the price of HD7950s from $350 to something more competitive but we'll see about that.

Oh and theres a new BIOS for HD7950s that increase the base clock from 800MHz to 850Mhz and add PowerTune boost (like Nvidia's boost) to boost even up to 925MHz in games that makes it like a 670 killer so check that review here : http://pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/AMD-Radeon-HD-7950-3GB-PowerTune-Boost-Review

Didn't you go from 3 GTX 580s to 3 HD 6970s to 2 GTX 560ti's? :lol:

Ran some SLI numbers tonight just for kicks.

That is a lot of oomph for $600 of card, i wonder how these will tri-sli

I would jump on these, but the limited memory bus will really harm surround resolutions :cry:

I still don't get why Nvidia decides to enable Tri-SLI when even a single 660ti was meant to take anything thrown at it in 1080p. :dunno:

for 3x1080p silly :lol:

Or for those using higher res monitors, remember 4k tvs are coming in now, those will need some serious oomph to get running smoothly