DFI Lanparty S939 NF3 Ultra -TWEAKS

What people were calling the cold boot issue , Is where when you first try to start the System after a long time turned off. It would just jive you blinking lights and no post>> Hit reset a few times and it would Post..

As far as overclocked setting just all of a sudden go back to stock, Yes mine did that on 602 a couple of times. But all I had to do is restart the system and the OC'ed settings were involked

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah sorry lucky, you strike out a second time. blinker has got it on the money.

I switched to 711, mainly to get rid of the cold boot issue. Im sure I wont have the overclock settings not showing up "issue" either with this bios.

oh and thanks blinker for also mentioning you had the same issue. It helps when you know your not the only person having the problem.

The cold boot was solved for Many with 705,711, 815, For me 705 gives me the Best overclocking but I had to leard how and when to make changes with it. when to change and when to reboot first.... HEHEHE but like I have said before it only takes five min's or so .. so it is worth the time for me

yeah sorry lucky, you strike out a second time. blinker has got it on the money.

I switched to 711, mainly to get rid of the cold boot issue. Im sure I wont have the overclock settings not showing up "issue" either with this bios.

oh and thanks blinker for also mentioning you had the same issue. It helps when you know your not the only person having the problem.

So what the . did I just explain ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

It appears I have no cold boot issue. The vga light is blnking and a reset is needed, then safety mode is invoked unless you stand around restting OR enter bios to save and exit to have the fn thing start with the settings desired.

BUT its looks like i strike aye Kapster.

So what the . did I just explain ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

It appears I have no cold boot issue. The vga light is blnking and a reset is needed, then safety mode is invoked unless you stand around restting OR enter bios to save and exit to have the fn thing start with the settings desired.

BUT its looks like i strike aye Kapster.

On mine the cold boot was not as bad. I only had to Hit reset once or twiced.. And had to do nothing else.. It would then boot to what I had settings set to.

But that is not the same as settings not being saved. Call it what you want . But they are two separate issues. On 815 Bios I can not save any settings.. I can work to 300HTT and then all of a sudden restart and I am back to 216HTT Every time. But it will boot fine.

On 602 it would sometimes boot up to default values. I would just reboot and the settings I had previously set were then returned, But that didnt nessesarily happen when booting cold, It most of the time done it after just shutting it down for a couple of min's. But would boot straight up and no reset needed

Didnt mean to cause confusion Sorry

no confusion blinker. lucky just cant comprehend either of our posts. he seems to think whatever he writes is correct and we should all agree.

in my first post I did not even mention the cold boot issue. I mentioned the overclock settings not saving issue. This is completely different than the COLD BOOT ISSUE.

maybe we should define what they each mean like blinker has done SEVERAL TIMES. lucky you say you have a problem reiterating what was already answered. Well frankly so do I.

Cold boot issue - When power is pressed system does not post. reset is needed to be engaged at least once for post to happen. happens every time with 602 bios in my experience. fixed moving to 711 bios.

Overclock settings not saving - this is where maybe you are confused. This has nothing to do with the OTHER issue where any settings do not save in the bios. that issue is limited to the 7XX bios and 8XX bios. This issue deals with having your settings that have been able to save fine before all in a sudden not engange upon startup. like blinker said all he had to do to fix it was simple restart. This issue is limited to 602 bios in my experience. So far it looks fixed in 711 bios.

hope that is better explained on my part. and lucky please do not confuse these issues again. KTHXBYE

*sigh* you people must be young. thanks to blinker he explained cold boot issue, and as u can see he is already credited for his contributions as is dens. so get off my -----and contribute or use the search this thread function. and stop trying to tell people what i think, you're level of reading comprension is forcing you into slander buddy.

Ok, my board's USB ports all died about a month into its life. The RMA has just got back to me and I'll test it all out later. The have scribbled out Rev .A00 on the sticker and written Rev .AB0 in its place. R-716 had been removed, I also assume other components will have been replaced during the repair.

Once she's back up and running I'm gonna seriously take it as high as I can. I'm going to implement a 3.3vdimm mod for my BH-5s and see how she goes.

As a side note can someone tell me where the measure point for vCore is on this board?