X2 dual core cpu's + dual Prime95 for stability testing (fixed)

I set the A0 and A1 and my 2nd core fails everytime after 30 minutes, but once it fails it picks the slack up for the other core, as you can see them both doing the about hte same amount of work even though my puter is at 50% usage..

Once the one core drops the other will just continue to prime forever...BUt since i am have been doing a ton of gaming for a few days straight with no hickups unless i turn on dvd shrink while gaming i am going to say i am pretty stable at 2.7ghz

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Another option is get SP2004, Stress Prime 2004. http://sp2004.fre3.com

Basicaly its the Prime stress module by it self. And there you can simply specify wich core you want.

Just uncheck the No Affinity box and there you go. A worth update to Prime Torture test. As basicaly its is just that. Just different shell. Easier to setup.

Enjoy.

I'd like to add my $.02 here about Prime95 stability, and I speak from experience.

For those of you looking for total stability, even 12 hours is not enough. I have personally seen many a cpu fail Prime, even at the 16-17 hour mark. So I would recommend a solid 24 hours before getting too comfortable.

Thanks Angry_Games for the great guide btw.

Can somone try running SP2004 and running the Blend test and start both at exactly the same time. Has anyone else noticed this can cause an error even at stock speeds(and lower)? Right at 6 seconds whatever one was started 2nd will fail.

You apperently still have to add that shortcut thing mentioned at the beggining. Then uncheck the "no affinity" box and select same core. I had the same problems after posting the info/link. and when i tested i had same problems.

I do uncheck no affinity. You don't have to do no shortcut with SP2004.

*Select same core? If I check no affinity and set core1 it will make core1 go 100%, so I know what im doing is right. There is just some bug if you start them together...if I let one start and run for 2-3 seconds then start the other I won't run into the problem. But having that problem in the first place makes me not want to even bother using Blend to test for stability

actualy i noticed that once i made another copy, and then ran two copies from different locations it solve dit. Tested ram, tested cpu, and no 10s errors. Just like with SuperPI. Guess you can't run one file twice, as they both share same folder, for temp files, causing errors.

So just make two copies, and so far that solved it. Though I'm not shure if thats acurate. but its able to run any benchmark wich ease.

Also how does one run SUperPi on seperate cores? I used that -A1 /-A0.. and each time its running one copy across both cores.

i use a single core cpu @ stock speeds (2400Mhz) and 4x512MB with 6600GT and i can play in high res with all details on high and it never stutters once.

Ran BF2 with 1.2 patch on max settings(no AA) the other day with my system listed in my sig.

I'm running a Seagate 7200.8 300GB HD as well

Ran perfect for me :)

I'm running 2 of them off the same directory folder. Have you ensured the ram value for each instance is half of what was reccomended. I tried setting mine to 900 since I have 2GB of ram but it caused wierd fultuations. So I then noticed it only reccomended 1790 ram so I dropped it to 850 and I've run for 8 hours with no problem now....