X2 dual core cpu's + dual Prime95 for stability testing (fixed)

i will have 2x1024 OCZ 2-3-5-2 on monday or tuesday and i already tested this kit out on another FX_55 customer rig and it was just as smooth as 4x512...the only difference was the 4x512 @ 2-3-5-2 vs 2x1024 @ 2-3-5-2 was 2T vs 1T

no difference in performance at all...it just seemed that the 2x1024 took about 30 seconds longer to boot into windows.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter what config if its got 2gb its gonna be butter in BF2 ;)

exactly right my friend, exactly right. since i went to 2GB on mine and momma's rig (and my brother's!) BF2 has just run and run and run without so much as a stutter

Guest burningrave101

Why do you need to set the Affinity in Prime95 if you modify the target box for the shortcuts with -A0 and -A1? I left the Affinity set to "Let program run on any CPU" in iterations of Prime95 and i got 50% load after starting the first iteration and 100% after the second.

Why do you need to set the Affinity in Prime95 if you modify the target box for the shortcuts with -A0 and -A1? I left the Affinity set to "Let program run on any CPU" in iterations of Prime95 and i got 50% load after starting the first iteration and 100% after the second.

you have to set separate shortcuts or opening the second prime95 from the same shortcut will not open a new prime95, but just continue with the already-open prime95

you then have to set affinity so each prime knows which cpu/core to use

Guest burningrave101
you have to set separate shortcuts or opening the second prime95 from the same shortcut will not open a new prime95, but just continue with the already-open prime95

you then have to set affinity so each prime knows which cpu/core to use

Yea but thats what your already doing in the target box. -A0 is setting the affinity to 0 on that shortcut and -A1 is setting the other shortcut to 1. If you go in and manually set the affinity each time then what would be the point in adding -A0 and -A1 to the target boxes?

you know which core by which prime95 fails after you set affinity...if the prime95 for core0 fails, then you know core0 of your cpu failed...

Yes, that's what I said? O_o because he asked WHY to set affinity when 2x Prime without affinity has 100% as well :rolleyes:

Guest burningrave101
Yes, that's what I said? O_o because he asked WHY to set affinity when 2x Prime without affinity has 100% as well :rolleyes:

You wont get 100% load with Prime95 unless you set the affinity in Prime95 or do it through the target string in the shortcut. Adding -A0 and -A1 to the target in the shortcut is the same thing as doing it in Prime95. There is no point in doing both.