X2 dual core cpu's + dual Prime95 for stability testing (fixed)

No, I think you have misunderstood me.....I am not OCing the CPU right now....

because my setup is new, I am just testing the stability of the Opty 165, without any sort of OCing...

so for this kinda test, Prime 95 was recommended (on the old DFI street at least)...

so how long do I run Prime 95 for such a test ?

Orthos is pretty much like a dual Prime95 with a GUI that makes it look pretty. It's easier to set up so I'd just use that instead of Prime95.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Bring the dead back to life. lol

You could run this test for stability testing but not for an OCDB entry. Orthos is use instead now.

Run it for minimum of 8 hours.

is there a Orthos sticky?

There's just the Sticky in the OCDB thread on making a complete entry. Orthos is for dual cores and sp2004 is for a single core. Both are easy to run (you won't have to set it up like Prime95). Just install Orthos and run it.

Here's a link to the rules. Read it and you'll have a better understanding of how DIY likes to prove stability. GL.

There's just the Sticky in the OCDB thread on making a complete entry. Orthos is for dual cores and sp2004 is for a single core. Both are easy to run (you won't have to set it up like Prime95). Just install Orthos and run it.

Here's a link to the rules. Read it and you'll have a better understanding of how DIY likes to prove stability. GL.

thanks just finished running prime95 300mb each for 6hrs 30mins tortuse test no errors oced to 2.25ghz but i'm going to run orthos 1. now =)