X2 dual core cpu's + dual Prime95 for stability testing (fixed)

any idea how to set the default affinity on startup with other apps? (BF2 for instance) :)

You can't set any application to a default core on startup unless the application supports it, however you can use task manager's Processes tab, right click the application executable and set it's affinity there. I haveto do this for Halo, Everquest, and a lot of other games or I wind up 'warping' when running in the game. It's funny to see how the dual core stuff is handled regularly too since animated smilies are all super quick as well. It reminds me of how I had upgraded from a pentium 133 to a p3/1ghz and then tried to play Theme Hospital. Everything goes so quick, it's impossible to play without a patch. M$oft needs to release a similar patch or something I suppose. I'm sure that in the coming year we'll see more support for dual core.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you put a link to this in "THE" Definitive DFI AMD Overclocking guide? I had troubles finding this thread with the search, and I couldn't find the link in the guide. Either I'm blind, or its not there (not sure which). If it is there, can you make the link more apparent (unless of course it is, and I'm just REALLY blind)?

Thanks Angry

U DA MAN, i couldn't figure out htf to do that. Good job. Now maybe you can tackle why MBM5 won't display 2 core temps when I know the sensors exist because my asus pos showed them :cool: btw your instructions could not be clearer, anyone still with problems should learn to read :shake:

Thanks

Ive just got a new X2 3800+ and have just tried the twin copies of prime 95...

running stock speed 10x200 and ive had prime95 crash for BOTH cores within 3 hours.

memory is running at 200mhz, 2,2,2,5,1T (which has been checked with memtest for 8 hours straight, 28 passes, no errors).

Im now attempting to run 2 instances of prime95, each one in a seperate folder.

Custom settings, 250mb of memory to each task.

remember: just because it passes memtest does *not* mean that the RAM is stable. Memtest is a stepping stone towards the ultimate tests, Prime and SuperPi.

If it passes Memtest,

boot into windows and open up A64Tweaker, as well as clockgen

run prime blend (dual case, if applicable)

if it fails, loosen up ram timings (or even change mem multipliers) and test prime again

if it still fails, lower HTT speed in clockgen

if it passes, move on to SuperPi 32M (dual case applicable again)