Folding for DIY-Street - Team: DIY-Street - Team #45454 (disease)

RedDem0n

298 members have voted

1. 1.

• Aliens
    • Disease
    • because Angry has a straight-flush and you only got 2 pair
    • other (please post...I don't know what else to fold for besides aliens/disease)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my rig sorted out with the SMP client. Haven't looked into enough, but after someone mentioned something network related on another site I killed my VPN and reset my router back to default port blocks and it's been running fine for 2 days, should finish up this WU in 90 mins or so..

I will dig deeper as I have time and see what the problem actually comes down to and find a solution..

I pretty much gave up on folding on that rig, I ran memtest and prime95 for 24 hours each with no problem, but the client kept stalling, even on a clean install. I'll have to use that rig for testing hardware, so folding wouldn't be feasible anyway. Still folding on my wife's single core though, sorry guys.

To let you all know I will only have three SMP rigs folding for the Street for awhile. I have decided to start another F@H project with another team.

I hope to keep about 3000 PPD fold here. Maybe next year upgrade to some quads folding rigs. Then maybe my PPD will increase then. Fold on!

I think the problem was the WU with my rig.

Last time i had problems it was on 2652 , last night it D/L'd the same work unit and again failed with an Early Unit End. That unit has since timed out and haven't had any problems with the next WU..

Sharp..........Glad to see you join. :)

Welcome to Team 45454!

Are you going to fold via SMP? It’s the only way to fold. Well not really but really has the best return. I fold on my main rig Opty 165 @2.85 2GB RAM Win XP VMware with Linux SMP client. I am able to fold and do just about anything I want on the rig. I’m not a gamer so I can’t tell you the affect of folding and gaming on the same rig.

Check out the Guide to VMware and SMP install for F@H

For those about to Fold we Salute You!

I pretty much gave up on folding on that rig, I ran memtest and prime95 for 24 hours each with no problem, but the client kept stalling, even on a clean install. I'll have to use that rig for testing hardware, so folding wouldn't be feasible anyway. Still folding on my wife's single core though, sorry guys.

Reel aw..........come on. :( Are you going to let a little stability issue stop you from folding SMP. Fix it a start folding. Most likely lower your clock a bit and see if that helps.

I picked you as a more driven IT guy.........:P

Stalling? That's likely because your network drops you periodically and for whatever reason the idiots (irony) who programmed it made it intolerant of disconnects EVEN IF YOU RECONNECT IMMEDIATELY.