NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

no one is getting banned...what Rgone meant to say is 'keep it civil and on topic without resorting to slinging feces at each other'

we all understand the frustration of purchasing something and it not working like it should or like you want it to...we are working our hardest to get TW to resolve the issues...until then, all i ask is to be civil to each other (and us) and we'll all get along just fine.

no one is getting banned, no one is getting anything...lets just keep this thread alive with you guys reporting your failures or successes so we can continue to improve the bios for this board and try to get it to where everyone is happy ;)

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm done OC'ing this board for now as well too. I decided to just try and run 4x512MB (2x512 of Redline PC 4000, 2x512 Mushkin PC 3500 Lvl II) but it defaults to DDR 333. Has anyone gotten 4x512 to work at DDR 400?

have you tried CPC Disable (2T Command Rate) with 4x512?

all of my Venice/San Diego/X2 cpu's will do 4x512MB @ DDR400 but only @ 2T

my Winnie/Clawhammer/Newcastle will only do 4x512MB @ DDR333 and only @ 2T

I don't understand what the auto setting for Ram does - sets per SPD?

If one doesn't set manually what does the board do??

My fancy 2-2-2-5/6 ram won't boot but the Value stuff does and shows 2.5-3-3-8

If I manually set it to 2.5-3-3 then the fancy stuff will work??

As I understand nothing works at 1T at all??

By the way I don't overclock.

have you tried CPC Disable (2T Command Rate) with 4x512?

all of my Venice/San Diego/X2 cpu's will do 4x512MB @ DDR400 but only @ 2T

my Winnie/Clawhammer/Newcastle will only do 4x512MB @ DDR333 and only @ 2T

I left everything on auto this morning when I tried 4x512. I believe it defaulted to 2-3-2-5 2T DDR 333 but I'll have to check when I get home from work tonight. I'll try manually setting CPC.

No no no...1T is not dysfunctional with all ram. I've had a couple differnt types in the board. If yer having stability issues and or you cannot boot into windows then try 2T (the original defaults to that I believe)...

Not exactly. If I set to 1T and run at the CPU and Memory default speeds, my system boots fine, even runs Super Pi 32M and Prime95 fine. However, if I run MemTest86 at those settings, Test 8 bombs out every time. I guess Super Pi and Prime95 do not run Modulo20 routines.

I can load up all four slots with 512M sticks of TCCD and with everything left to auto, my system boots 2-2-2-6-2T and runs fine. The bios however sets my MemClock to 100 Mhz to achieve this. I have not tried 166 Mhz manually to see if that is okay since I don't intend to run 4 sticks.

Hoot

keep in mind that 1T and 2T isn't really up to the memory...its always up the memory controller on the cpu + the bios (a Venice/San Diego/X2 will always do 1T unless you populate 4x dimm slots with double-ranked 512MB or double ranked 1024MB modules, then it has to default to 2T because no matter how good the bios is, it still cannot improve the memory controller that is physically on the cpu)

Not exactly. If I set to 1T and run at the CPU and Memory default speeds, my system boots fine, even runs Super Pi 32M and Prime95 fine. However, if I run MemTest86 at those settings, Test 8 bombs out every time. I guess Super Pi and Prime95 do not run Modulo20 routines.

I can load up all four slots with 512M sticks of TCCD and with everything left to auto, my system boots 2-2-2-6-2T and runs fine. The bios however sets my MemClock to 100 Mhz to achieve this. I have not tried 166 Mhz manually to see if that is okay since I don't intend to run 4 sticks.

Hoot

boot up with 2 sticks, and force DDR400, and drop to 2T, save & exit, then shut down, put the other 2 sticks in and see if she'll boot up ;)

Just wanted to weigh in after skulking around this forum and then finally having the board long enough to get somewhere. So far it's gotten me from 2500Mhz on the NEO2 to 2700 on this guy. May be more to go, but I can't figure out the weird math on the Vcore settings and can't get the fine tweaking I want. I know we are all waiting for the bios.

Only thing I'm getting now which is strange is on a cold boot, no video. Drive lights make it look like it's booting and if I punch the reset it all comes up fine.!??? My memory only had to go to 2T at 268 HTT(FSB), otherwise it's fine at 1T.

Board looks very promising and I know DFI doesn't want their rep spoiled by not fixing the bios! Just hard waiting like all of you!!!

i hate the vcore settings myself...in fact i hate that the 939 AGP bios does not look like the rest of our NF2/NF3/NF4 bioses (mainly hte Genie BIOS/DRAM sections)

we are really pushing TW to unify the bios architecture/structure so that they ALL look alike (minus the minute differences for each board/chipset).

that way an NF3 754 user can help guys that are NF4 or NF3 939 users because almost all of the options are the same (try telling a 939 AGP user to set his vcore to 1.300v + 110% and he will not have a clue what you are talking about!)

i hate the vcore settings myself...in fact i hate that the 939 AGP bios does not look like the rest of our NF2/NF3/NF4 bioses (mainly hte Genie BIOS/DRAM sections)

we are really pushing TW to unify the bios architecture/structure so that they ALL look alike (minus the minute differences for each board/chipset).

that way an NF3 754 user can help guys that are NF4 or NF3 939 users because almost all of the options are the same (try telling a 939 AGP user to set his vcore to 1.300v + 110% and he will not have a clue what you are talking about!)

Another request for TW - the 10:9 (183) ratio to be added at some point would be sweet. The layout of this BIOS is different than on the NF4 Ultra-D, but it is totally functional, It would be sweet to have the 10:9, if only for me.

lets get the important stuff fixed first so people can actually run 1T @ stock speeds and get the vcore and other stuff working correctly.

overclocking options are the last thing im worried about on any board...the boards must work at stock speeds first before i push for any kind of overclocking options. (since the warranty/guarantee is that the boards will run stock speeds without issue...but no one guarantees/warranties overclocking)