NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

I'm guessing that 80mm fan is for cooling your MOSFETs eh?....I've been meaning to get these little 60mm fans I got in there....they push 40CFM which is amazing for these little suckers....they'll hover across a damn table if you set em down....but boy do they howl....so I figured I'd be hooking them up to my fan controller.

Also looks like you got a tornado under your video card? Yeesh your system has to be fairly loud with those fans.

I have it all on a fan controller, only turn them up when overclocking, otherwise I keep them on 7v. I have those pics redone everything. The mosfets have a 80mm, I put 2 80mm on my videocard, and took the Delta 6500rpm 100CFM off of video and put it on the cpu, as well as the 120mm that is on there. the Delta hangs 1/2 on 120mmfan, and 1/2 over RAM, and pushes the 120mm up to 3000 rpm, ~110CFM I guess. It's "agressive air cooling", yeah, but not at all beyond functional, and northbridge is the only thing that is anywhere near warm to the touch.

That link has a CPUZ shot of 2.9Ghz, a 29s superpi, and if you click my sig you can see that I have been benching it at 2.87, since 2.9 scores lower so far while I figure out my "sweetspot."

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I flashed the Beta bios. Like others have already observed, if I allow 1T timing, MemTest86 fails test 8 fairly quickly, just like the original bios. Also, like others have observed, selecting 200 Mhz in MemClock prevents passing POST and requires a CMOS reset, despite Auto selecting 200 Mhz, which runs as well as the original bios.

Those observations based upon the setup in my sig.

Hoot

edit: im able to adjust CPU VID Control and CPU Voltage; i bumped CPU VID to +0.1 and i nudged my Memory Voltage Control from 2.6 to 2.7V and i just got thru 3dmark 01se =) 20056! good call bud ;) by any chance do you know how much voltage this ram can take? maybe ill bump my fsb up a lil

for some reason im unable to get through 3dmark 01se and 05 again, i noticed this when i turned my HTT up a lil (202) and when i noticed the freezing today I went back to 200 and its still locking within seconds..

CPU VID Control: VID pass mode

CPU Voltage adjusting: +.1V

Chipset Voltage Control: 1.65V

Memory Voltage Control: 2.7V

only wierd problem i have, is i have to boot my computer... press the reset button, hold insert... go into the bios... hit f10, y, enter.. and let it boot up...... kinda wierd.. but it works fine so.. whatever i guess

still happens in beta bios, happened in original

only wierd problem i have, is i have to boot my computer... press the reset button, hold insert... go into the bios... hit f10, y, enter.. and let it boot up...... kinda wierd.. but it works fine so.. whatever i guess

still happens in beta bios, happened in original

CPU Vid Control is vltg right? would it be bad to set it to 1.46 and then +.1v with HTT @ 200? i dont get why it would all of a sudden start acting up again after i power down for the night.

Hi Guys

I Finally got windows to load on my SATA Raid.

I'm running a stock right now, whats the deal with thw Vcore is the bios right?

it shows 1.28 on my 4000+ san diego and my Abit AV8 showed 1.40 I haven't stressed this rig yet shound I up the Vcore and how much wound equal default 1.40

I would apreciate the input!

For all those with voltage Q's...I haven't had time to do anything with the new bios, but I was setting voltage to anywhere from 1.475v +.40 to 1.55v +.30 in order to get 2.75~2.80 stable. Some people have had stability problems messing with main default voltage and only using the "increase" portion. I think they renamed both of these already :P Haven't tried anything at all with new bios really. Didn't have a problem with memory on auto before they implemented the additional "200" setting.

I think anyone who has really pushed their rigs has resorted to higher settings in the bios. I believe absoloot is running around that voltage range. Not trusting any of the monitoring software completely mind you but at voltage levels in the 1.8v range set in the bios all software is registering in the low 1.6v range so take that for whatever it's worth.

Well I don't have to quite go through that going into BIOS crap before it boots up, but my computer isnt booting first try unless I turn off the PSU, turn it back on then hit power....then the computer will boot up...otherwise power goes to it, and my HD makes clicking I don't otherwise ever hear and it won't post.