NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

for A64 it doesn't really matter.. i've tried it myself.. running a lower divider and notice no difference at all.. in benchmarking then yes.. very little..

and good luck with ur rig :)

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i found the cut-off for the divider is DDR150...anything lower than this you cannot make up for in cpu Mhz (ie I ran @ DDR133 and DDR100 and the extra 200-340Mhz in cpu speed could NOT make for the low divider)

DDR150 is about the cutoff...prefer to stay DDR166 or higher ;)

you've got (from what i know of PDP) some very nice memory...if it is real TCCD then it SHOULD clock much much better than your NF7 will (as the NF2 might use TCCD well enough, but the cpu itself nor the NB can handle 275+ FSB speeds)
All true...yes these particular modules are the TCCD chips, the XBL line has those which is what I have...not 100% sure about which other lines of theres actuall has them though...

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=50010

theres a list of what they know thus far about which RAM lines have what IC's and PCBs on them although you probably already know of such list as I've seen a couple around before....

240~ or so is possible on this board even with 1.7v chipset voltage, max for this board, but with 1gb it becomes a little bit harder.....and also I've only seen the later NF7 revision boards with the purple dimms do that...mine is the earlier one with the black dimms and it seems like it wants nothing to do with higher FSB's and I've gone through dozens of BIOSes to find that "magical" one, but alas, the motherboard itself just wont do it.....

I just got my 3200+ venice today, LBBLE 0518APFW I believe it is...that's off of memory so I may be wrong, I've got a DD water cooled setup going on, so I'm honestly hoping for 2.8GHz with my RAM running near or around 275MHz......I will be one friggen happy camper if that happens and I think it's indeed quite possible....probabl 3-3-3-8 or so timings with 3v of dimm

Well from my experience and even reports such as this one that you posted (have had this bookmarked forever...really helps people to learn all the timings):

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...=&threadid=3393

The cas latency doesn't have a real profound effect on bandwidth...I was planning on putting it at like 3-3-3-8, and 3v and just seeing how far it'd go up.....I'll be 100% completely happy if I hit 280x10 to be honest.........but of course I said I'd be content with a 6600GT and I had to buy a 6800GT because I wanted more :nod:

Basically I'm going to need to dig down and learn the AMD64 tweaker program.....I've been putting off learning the rest of the memory timings thoroughly since I'm on socket A and have nothing to practice with...I'm not like an "uber 1337 oc'er!" by any means, but I do know what I'm doing except when it comes down the 20+ memory timings available.....I don't know if I'll mess with those unless it becomes absolutely necessary......Also I don't know about putting 3.2v through those TCCDs, I mean I know I've seen people put way more through RAM especially BH-5s but those are juice hounds....I do plan on having a 120mm in my side panel though that'll be blowing directly on the RAM for the purpose of "active cooling" them.

And yeah, after looking at the Neo2 Plat specs and how it's limit is 2.85 Vdimm....theres no way I want to waste my time even getting that.

So basically I'm going to have to practice some good zen techniques and simply wait for the nf3 board :D

You all maybe are antsy waiting, but how about me who KNOWS i will get 2 boards for free right off the bat and be able to destroy them and have them replaced without issue (since it is my job), and have a 3200+, X2-4400+, FX-55 rev2, 4000+ San Diego, Sempron 3200+ 939, and Clawhammer 3500+ cpu's to test in them???? (not to mention an X800 Pro, 6800GT, and a bunch of other AGP cards, along with a big bag of memory, watercooling hardware, etc)

lol. showoff ;)

That single post saying that you'll be able to get your hands on even just in the near future is good enough for me :D Now all i've gotta do is see what I can do about replacing this winchester with a nice clocking venice.

And yeah, after looking at the Neo2 Plat specs and how it's limit is 2.85 Vdimm....theres no way I want to waste my time even getting that.

So basically I'm going to have to practice some good zen techniques and simply wait for the nf3 board :D

Amen to that. The only way i've managed to survive with the 2.85v vdimm is the fact that my main memory is TCCD, and can hit a nice high clock with low vdimm.

Thanks for keeping this thread updated AG.

---dens

Amen to that. The only way i've managed to survive with the 2.85v vdimm is the fact that my main memory is TCCD, and can hit a nice high clock with low vdimm.
Yeah, mine is TCCD too and I know for the most part they can go fairly high on relatively low voltage, but I want to go all out :P and the latest I've heard is the nf3 board having upwards of 3.2v for dimm and I'd only realistically need 3v.....so instead of burning up $130 just to use a mobo for a month that may or may not be buggy in situations, I'll just wait..........I just better hope my venice isn't a DOA since I have no way of testing it at the moment lol.

1. i dont know my own name half the time

2. don't i always tell you about the new boards I get? (why do you need pictures of the board? there are a zillion around this forum and the internet...mine are not going to come with "booger-stain green" slots or with a 4" LCD screen imbedded in them...)

bob-2.jpg

lol, theres a guy over at Xtremesystems.org that has that image except he photoshopped an ATI logo on the guys berette and then has "SM3.0 OFFERS NO REAL ADVANTAGES OVER SM2.0"

I think that's bull personally :P but meh was funny nonetheless.