NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Guest bobyjo

I have a certain method of assembly.

I first setup and install the holder etc for the cpu. Then add my thermal product to the cpu core and the heat sink, a very thin layer about the thickness of a thin sheet of paper.

Assemble the cpu, hs and fan complete with plug in the cpu fan to the proper socket.

Install the memory into the proper slots, being sure the sticks are seated properly. With the board out of the case then I;;

I hook up the power supply and plug a video card into the proper slot. Plug in a monitor. This way you will know the board will post and go into bios without a problem.

Be sure the bios setting are good as default to boot.

If everything is good, then I install the board less the video card into the case. After mounting into the case, then reinstall the video card, along with the rest of the PCI cards, drives cables placed back out of sight under the drive cages.

Then you are ready to test the system with all the components installed.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bobyjo

The last two motherboards I purchased booted right out of the box.

One Abit AV8-3rd Eye and performs great w/o and OC'ing.

The other is an Epox 9NPA3J and it booted right out of the box.

I have not had to flash the bios on either. I am still running the same bios that came with the boards. One is running an AMD3200 the other is an AMD3500 both Winnie's.

All of us know where the mobo's are made, and how they get here.

I don't like the fact that the good ole USA is not mfg some of these products, I would sumerise that if they were made here they would cost enough that none of us could afford a desktop computer.

The way it is, most of us have 2-3 computers. So at least that is a good thing.

NineBall, I have deleted your racist remarks and other less than palatible remarks and if I see anymore of them you will find yourself banned from the forum sir.

I thank your for your attention to the requests of the forum users in general and the forum rules in particular. Failure to attend as needed will be cause for your banishment.

RGone...

i hate when i have to drop everything and come back to a thread (a popular one such as this) and put the admin smack-down on someone and clean up the pages.

we are pretty easy going around here

make comments like Mr NineBall did and that is an instant ejection for 7 days or more.

frustration is one thing, but stupid comments like that are not tolerated and we take very aggressive action against anyone committing such offenses.

Damn... Why the hell would someone say something racist in a thread like this?

Anyway, bobyjo's method of installation for a new board is probably the most time-efficient way of testing. Means you don't have to take the board out of the case if it is DOA.. Hopefully that's a rare occurance though.

---dens

I leave for 12 hours and all hell breaks loose!!!!!

I really hope this part of the thread is removed.

My board does have it's quirks but it is running stable, I'm sure AG and Rgone will have it fixed for all of us. when i got my nForce3 250Gb i did not have a clue what the hell to do with it until this forum help me out. Now i can tweak it will my eyes closed and it runs really good. If your into to tweaking and tinkering the dfi boards have all the settings ,more than any other board on the market and i've had then all :) So if your gonna whine and classy lady about a board you do not even own DON"T BUY IT !!! Just stay out of this thread so the people that are waiting for a fix can read important post, not some ignorant rascial ranting and raving B.S.

Now on to today subject!!! Booted right up today still no crashed, bumped everything up alittle

238x11=2618Mhz

238x4x2=1904

Patriot running 2/6/3/3 @ 2.7volts

SD 4000+ @1.4volts

I ran Prime95 for 8 hours today while i was at work can home to no errors and my temps never hit 100 degree F. i'll keep playing for now gonna try 250x10 / 250x4x2 / tonight

As far as thermal paste i love AS5 but i have alot better results with the AS Ceramique on AMD chipsets, put a small dab in the center spread it out, take a razor blade to remove the extra, and you are left with a very thin layer thats all there is to it :)

Now i'm gonna leave till Wednesday. I have a DEF LEPPARD / TESLA Concert to go to, so lets keep this thread on track. :) Scott (Man i'm gonna get yelled at for this )

Relavent and specific signature made here will help a lot as some users might "recognize" your setup and problem...

RGone...

280 HTT

10x Multi

1.45v

VID Control + 0.1v

vdd 1.75v

vdimm 3.2v (only if your ram likes volts)

vagp 1.6v

DRAm Config--

Dram Frequency 166

1t/2t - Auto

CAS- 2

TRCD- 2

TRP- 2

TRAS- 8

for now, the rest is auto...im too lazy to play with the settings right now... lol

Now on to today subject!!! Booted right up today still no crashed, bumped everything up alittle

238x11=2618Mhz

238x4x2=1904

Patriot running 2/6/3/3 @ 2.7volts

SD 4000+ @1.4volts

I ran Prime95 for 8 hours today while i was at work can home to no errors and my temps never hit 100 degree F. i'll keep playing for now gonna try 250x10 / 250x4x2 / tonight

Did you manually set the Vcore to 1.4v in the BIOS? I'm assuming you mean you're running 1.4v and achieve that 2.6GHz OC? That's pretty dang good.....hmmm....I have been reluctant to start OC'ing because I know the board is finicky, but ahhhh, the OC'ing ITCH is getting the best of me lol

Well, first post, so i guess i better say HELLO to everyone ;)

Now, i´m planning on buying this sweet lookin´mobo, but i read that there are some problems. Are these problems OC specific? I´m not interested in OC, i just want to get rid of my Abit AV8 cause of the AGP lockup problems many via boards have (me too :/) when playing direct 3d games.

So well, how loud is the chipset cooler on the DFI S939?

Is it possible to exchange it with a zalman NB47-J, or is this not recommed (to much heat on NF3 boards for a passive cooler?).

Seems for me, that the chipset cooler is far away enough from the agp slot to use a zalman NB47-J and a X800XT with a NV Silencer5 (unlike the MSI Neo2, on which this combination seems impossible).

Is this board stable out of the box, when not OC in any way?

I heard alot of good thinks about DFI boards, so i´m really interested in buying this board :)

Thanks in advance!