NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Guys has anyone been able to go past 230 with 1t enabled or is it a prob with the board? that was my main prob i can go further with 2t im at 2.6ghz primed it all night no errors and looped memtest 8 50times no errors

My Nf3 Ultra runs 312 FSB x 9 , 1:1 , @1t with a 3500+ Venice.

Ram is: A DATA DDR 600

Learning by doing?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to make sue you dont MAX out youre cpu Before the Memory maxes out.

thx alot blinker didnt know this ram could go so high when relaxing timings on your nforce 4 board the one with the same ram as me what do you set driver strength too? and that 50percent reduction setting?

My Nf3 Ultra runs 312 FSB x 9 , 1:1 , @1t with a 3500+ Venice.

Ram is: A DATA DDR 600

Learning by doing?

Could you post your settings so I can give them a try. I have not been able to get mine stable at 1T at 300Htt or above. :confused:

Could you post your settings so I can give them a try. I have not been able to get mine stable at 1T at 300Htt or above. :confused:

Keep in mind that's a 2X256 kit he's got running at those speeds...different ballgame with 2X512 double rank...

Just a quick question regarding raid on this board.

I picked up a 300 GB SATA drive the other day for not an awful lot of money so was thinking of running my two 120GB SATA hardrives in a raid config and using the 300 as my storage drive.

Whats the optimal Raid stripe I should be setting during install please?

The other question refers to the storage drive.I know that ports 3 and 4 are locked and currently use them for my 2 x 120GB drives now but one has the O/S on it and the other is my storage.

What will happen to the 300GB drive if I use that on either ports 1 and 2 and I eventually get a bios that will let me overclock properly?Obviously I realise its not as critical as the O/S drives but what are the likely chances of it causing me problems.Or is it a bad idea to use a SATA drive on an unlocked port if you go over 240HTT.

Thanks

J

Just a quick question regarding raid on this board.

I picked up a 300 GB SATA drive the other day for not an awful lot of money so was thinking of running my two 120GB SATA hardrives in a raid config and using the 300 as my storage drive.

Whats the optimal Raid stripe I should be setting during install please?

The other question refers to the storage drive.I know that ports 3 and 4 are locked and currently use them for my 2 x 120GB drives now but one has the O/S on it and the other is my storage.

What will happen to the 300GB drive if I use that on either ports 1 and 2 and I eventually get a bios that will let me overclock properly?Obviously I realise its not as critical as the O/S drives but what are the likely chances of it causing me problems.Or is it a bad idea to use a SATA drive on an unlocked port if you go over 240HTT.

Thanks

J

It's a bad idea, if your overclocking then the drive that's on those unlocked ports is gonna get data corruption. If your just looking to add some extra capacity then you should take back that sata drive and get a pata (ide) one.

Damn, I thought that might be the case.

Is it possible to get a converter to go from SATA to IDE?

Taking the drive back is not really possible as a friend of mine has given it to me (mistake in a large pc component delivery to his company a ferw months ago ;) ) so other than selling it which I dont want to really do...

Thanks

J

thx alot blinker didnt know this ram could go so high when relaxing timings on your nforce 4 board the one with the same ram as me what do you set driver strength too? and that 50percent reduction setting?

I have mine set at Normal signal strength And 50% reduction on the drive strength

Damn, I thought that might be the case.

Is it possible to get a converter to go from SATA to IDE?

Taking the drive back is not really possible as a friend of mine has given it to me (mistake in a large pc component delivery to his company a ferw months ago ;) ) so other than selling it which I dont want to really do...

Thanks

J

You can get a pci sata controller for it. I don't know if they sell adapters for them but they might. Try doing a google search for them.

Pick your cluster size. Then make the stripe four times the cluster. This arrangement is optimal in most cases. You'll have to test various cluster sizes to determing which is best for you.

Thanks for the replies,any thoughts on the optimal stripe size?

I am new to Raid so any tips will be gratefully received.

J