NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

About youre power supply as long as you have a steady 3.6 on the 3 .3 volt rail.. You shoould be fine.. And if you are already maxed @ 2-2-2-5 no amount of voltage will help

I thought these bh-5 ram liked lots of volts up to 3.5 so 3.2 wont max out my ram.

I dont mean Max out the voltage the memory will take.. I mean Max out the memory at a givin MHZ with a specific timming

EXAMPLE Memory erros out with 2-2-2-5 timings at 230 MHZ.. If it maxes out that low and 3.2 or 3.1 wont let it runn error free.. Most likely 3.4 wont either..

IF you memory will not do over what you have told us here so far. You need to either relax the timmings some. and try for more, 2 be happy with it where it maxes out at the timmings you have predetermined. that you will not deviate from.

Or get new ram.. Sorry to be blunt but thats overclocking. And as far as Manufactures go iif they say they will do 200 MHZ @ 2-2-2-5 timings and they will do that at that MHZ.. they consider the memory good.. any more is a bonus.

Some times you have to compromise One thing to get more.. and memory timmings are one of those things we often have to compromise. For more overall performance

Back to my corner

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the repeting boot cycle Is mainly due to bios 602.. 705,711,815 will help that .. but they have their problems too..

As far as freezing in games to realy help we need what you have everything set at

Voltages, memory timmings.. ect

hey guys im getting cold boots and im crashing during games.

the 1st time i had my FSB up to 250 stable temps at 39 idle but as soon as i went into CS:S and ran the video card test immediatley my PC Freezes. upon turning it off and powering back up i get 2 cold boots turn off the PSU and unplug the power cable and then put it back in and fire it up and it works.

now i lower it to 245 stable temps and i was playing bf2 and it freezes again. i get more and more cold boots i unplugged it and left it for about 15 mins and fired it back up.

i lower it to 235 and play an hl2:dm mod and i freeze again and get cold boots.

i am now at 230 and im going ot play some more to see if it happens again.

do you think i need to update the BIOS? and if so how would i go about doing it.. i know a little about it but dont know the exact procedure in doing so.

what bios should i update to?

any advice on overclocking my cpu? voltages, FSB, multipiers that kind of good stuff (see sig for cooling)

thanks in advance!

ive posted this in the forum in its own topic but.. its been suggested to post it here.. so here it is!

Hehe gamer....

You got a couple numbs floatin round in your description there.

Need exact numbers that your bios settings have, and what bios. List them all.

its simple request but cant begin to answer your question until you post.

Pc2100 don't look good right off. Is your sig correct?

yes it is pc 2100 (verified by Cpu-Z)

Maybe you shouldn't worry so much about 245 fsb and cancel out all your

problems with some 3200 tccd's. Just my 2 cents. Patriot XBLK's 2x512

are about 160 at Newegg. Dunno.. GSkill $350 2x512 are god ram tccd

yes it is pc 2100 (verified by Cpu-Z)

Just a guess but dont think pc2100 memory will do the job at any level with this board(SORRY) this board realy needs good components to work decent. you may want to bump up VDIMM a little but i wouldnt go to far

well.. im in the process of getting the value VX.

ok guys.

Should i update my BIOS? if so to what? and how would i go about doing the flash?

CPU-Z also says that my BIOS is 6.00 PG

The bios is read from the bottom of the screen, should say 6/02 for a date...

I would install the 815 bios at your convenience. If you do this, say so first

the autoexec.bat isin't correct. Say so first...

that is the rom version. IF you look in the lower left hand corner of the post screen it will give a date... that will be what BIOS version you have.. I dont recomend this ofter but if you arent familure with BIOS flashing Use Winflash.. YOu can get it @ DFI download site .. It is in the driver section. I would use either 705 MY FAV or 815