NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Guest bobyjo

After using the A64 Tweaker and setting the memory in bios somewhere like it should be.

I am running at 310 (fsb is what I used to call it).

Memory is 2-3-6-3-1T and the system is super stable.

At 320 windows is giving me a stop error. There was a notation about a driver at xxx whatever.

I have not fine tuned the system somewhere between 310 & 320.

I really think 310 is not bad for a start.

There are settings in the bios that I am not totally familar with.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After using the A64 Tweaker and setting the memory in bios somewhere like it should be.

I am running at 310 (fsb is what I used to call it).

Memory is 2-3-6-3-1T and the system is super stable.

At 320 windows is giving me a stop error. There was a notation about a driver at xxx whatever.

I have not fine tuned the system somewhere between 310 & 320.

I really think 310 is not bad for a start.

There are settings in the bios that I am not totally familar with.

wow, thats quite good...

can you list more details...ie, mem speed, all your voltages, multi, htt multi....

and maybe give some screenies of A64 tweaker and some SiSoft Sandra benches, or something...

Guest bobyjo

Memory is running at 2-3-6-3-1T

divider@ 133

HTx3

X=8.

I set the memory up using A64 Tweaker. Great piece of stuff.

Voltgages are all default, except memory is at 2.8. bios shows 2.88, but Mushkin loves these volgages.

If I gave the processor more juice, I might be able to go 320. Just have not gone into the fine tuning as yet.

I was able to see warning message after post raid screen:

WARNING - Have option ROM not invoked (Vendor ID:xxxxx, xxxxxxx)

Anybody else get this?

I only see that message when I hit delete to enter bios...

Yall need to put a signature together using the "user control panel" if yer gonna hang out and offer advice and ask for help...Helps everyone to know what's working and what's not. Helps us help you and helps others when you help them... ;)

Yes I think ram is key to stability. I am going to buy ram today.

I am leaning to G.Skill "LE" for 250 because of 11x cpu and cheaper. But the

Patriots look good too. I read a review of some tccd used for Gskill some are older

batch but still garantee to run ddr500 at 1T. I don't understand.

I don't know much about bios's but using A64 Tweaker I look at settings when

I set htt at 200 then 220 in genie bios keeping 2.5,4,8,3, rest auto but with 50%

reduction in DQ drive strength. The timings adjust out as if being set from a

table of values.

I flash dvd drive to modified bios and contain tables for optimized settings for

identified dvd media. I am flash to LiteOn 832s mod bios now. I wonder if

possible bios can read ram ID then set timing based on table for speed range

like dvd does. It would be nice. Edit: I know it is more complicated though.

Thanks

Okay, so I decided to set up RAID IDE on my board, but cannot navigate the RAID Utility!

I am on BIOS 705 and have both drives connected to the Primary IDE connection.

I press F10 to get into the setup for RAID and it shows both drives there, but I cannot navigate or set anything up, the screen just sits there.

Anyone know whats up?

Guest Swagman6531

Hey Oldguy... I am having a hell of a time changing mem timings in BIOS. It's like quite a few my "fine tuning" settings are stuck and all attempts at changing them have failed. I've tried using A64 tweaker, Rightmark memory analyzer, and systool to adjust them through windows but to no avail. I even tried that method by which only on setting should be changed and saved in the CMOS at a time. My last attempt was that I followed AngryGames' step-by-step BIOS flash procedures and still nothing. Here are the timings that are locked on my sys....

DRAM Drive Strength.......

DRAM Data drive strength.....

DQS skew control....

.....I'm gonna update my sig right now for reference because they vary slightly from their present settings...so give me a sec

Hey Oldguy... I am having a hell of a time changing mem timings in BIOS. It's like quite a few my "fine tuning" settings are stuck and all attempts at changing them have failed. I've tried using A64 tweaker, Rightmark memory analyzer, and systool to adjust them through windows but to no avail. I even tried that method by which only on setting should be changed and saved in the CMOS at a time. My last attempt was that I followed AngryGames' step-by-step BIOS flash procedures and still nothing. Here are the timings that are locked on my sys....

DRAM Drive Strength.......

DRAM Data drive strength.....

DQS skew control....

.....I'm gonna update my sig right now for reference because they vary slightly from their present settings...so give me a sec

You can't go by any of the software readings...None of them have been updated to reflect this bios. We don't have "data drive strength"...

Guest Swagman6531

Sorry my mistake.....I mean the DQ reduction, I think thats the name of it. Thats the same setting as Data Drive strength on the A64 register. well technically windows utilities read their data directly from the proccessors registers and not from the BIOS. Thats why older system info utilities can properly display a lot of specs even if the BIOS or MB might be brand new. My guess is that somehow when I change these settings the BIOS is not changing the appropriate registers on the chip. but as for why it can't be change from windows, I am clueless. Programs like A64 tweaker directly change the "on-chip" registers via hardware drivers so the BIOS isn't even part of the equation