NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

So the ram dividers do not work? I was thinking about getting some low latency DDR 400 and a Venice 3000+. Will I be forced to loosen the timings and run the ram 1 to 1 to be able to overclock, or do the dividers work?

Dividers work...

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for some odd reason it puts the selection on OS2 no matter what I select in the bios. I select non-OS2 and then if i save and exit and go back into bios its on OS2 again. Its kind of annoying and seems to be interfering with freebsd.

did anyone else have problems getting RAID and OCing to work with 7/11?

Even 705 had the same problems, then i went back to 602 and boom, worked like a charm...

anyone know whats up with that?

I only spent a couple of hours with 711 and did not have any RAID or OC problems (that were any different from 705)...

What kind of problems did you have? Unable to save changes?

i cant believe it but i officially am too scared to go for more. i have it so stable now that i think i got my money's worth. Lets see what happens when i grab 2 80 gig sata's and try to run raid0.

Okay I've been troubleshooting with this board and the HDA -X-Mystique 7.1 Dolby Live soundcard lately <-- yes first Dolby Live encoding card, 5.1 optical woohoo.

Sound card will not play the cards analogue ports in the NF3 mobo, nomatter which nforce drivers. You get super low volume and mega distortion. (we swapped my card between several computers, and put other cards in mine).

-Reformat, fresh install, different versions of nforce or soundcard drivers will not fix the problem, pci slots and yada yada.

On optical mode sound is perfect, although when a sound is initially played there is a delay or lag (as if the first bit of sound played wll be chopped off) only a problem with windows sounds. Thus you must turn mic option on and keep silent to keep the optical signal on all the time. (optical signal turns off when not in use for those who didn't know).

This optical lag was a driver problem for everyone in beta drivers, although was perfect with the original cd driver and latest stable release. But there seems to be a problem with all drivers and the NF3.

I had it hooked up to my z-560's originally, but they do not work. So I had to go and purchase some z-5500's. Don't get me wrong the sound is INCREDIBLE, but there are faults, especially not being able to use the headphones and mic or any analogue channels.

No matter what a stripper tells you, get your hands on this card, its the best soundcard by far, crap all over creative crap.

So the Creative cards can't do digital surround output in real time (like playing Half Life 2)?

If so that's pretty disappointing. Xbox can do that.

Creative cards only do 2.1 optical. It is a POS. the HDA X-Mystique 7.1 BLOWS ANY Soundblaster away in audio quality and features. Even the physical layout and quality of the board is higher. You can even replace the analogue IC op amps on the board to Burr Brown or whatever you like.

Only problem is we cant use this analogue properly on this board. I'm waiting for a fix.

I got 5.1 digital optical . lalalalalalalla. Everything i use on my computer is encoded and set straight through to my digital z-5500s.

its happening to me in 705 and 711

I'm not really sure of the implications. I do know this, the bios says to only set it to OS2 if your running OS2 with greater than 64 mb of ram. I'm not running OS2 so I would want it to non-OS2. It wont' let me do that even if i reset cmos and reboot it.

I'm not really sure what this means. Hopefully it doesn't matter anymore or somethinig. I'm not sure if it matters under windows xp but under freebsd it could matter.

Mine is set to OS2 and running Venice 3800+ and raid 0 and a third drive and LS120 and floppy and two burners without any problem at all. I am not going to spend time chasing what you have already found you cannot change. I am instead going to just enjoy the ride since I finally whipped it to let me use 711 bios and not be cold booting most of the time as folks call it.

RGone...attachment.php?attachmentid=1827&stc=1