DFI Recommended Power Supplies (UPDATED October 20th, 2006!)

What davidhammock200 says about the PCP&C "graphics" units is absolutely true.

There is supposed to be a "work-around" for the issue with the "graphics" units but we haven't been able to get a unit in our hands to test and confirm.

The scant info that we've gathered leaves me to believe that the "work-around" requires the purchase of at least one and possibly two different adapter cables.

Based upon this information we can not recommend the PCP&C 1KW units at this time.

The "server" version works flawlessly as evidenced by the forum members running them including THunDA.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Halvis
honestly?...

Plus Fortron makesthe OCZ units and I trust Fortron after having a zillion of their psu's, and I now trust OCZ after having 6 of their psu's and never a single problem with any of them.

So truly it would be the OCZ unit, especially since the 700w GX has been nothing but flawless in my X1900XT Crossfire overclocked rig since the day it arrived!

THANKS! I knew they were made by Fortron (FSP) or Seasonic, just wasnt sure which ONE. (both top SHELF psu manufacturers)

Guest Halvis

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article226-page1.html

"Seasonic is one of the PSU manufacturers which market their own products. They are both ODM and OEM, like delta Electronics, Fortron-Source, Seventeam and Enhance Electronics. This is in contrast to many PSUs that are branded by the company that markets the product, and often has little to do with either the design or the manufacturing. Seasonic is also one of the longest-lived PSU makers. Their first PSUs were made for Apple way back in the '70s."

(mumbling to self something about NEVER getting an avatar now...) ;-)

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article226-page1.html

"Seasonic is one of the PSU manufacturers which market their own products. They are both ODM and OEM, like delta Electronics, Fortron-Source, Seventeam and Enhance Electronics. This is in contrast to many PSUs that are branded by the company that markets the product, and often has little to do with either the design or the manufacturing. Seasonic is also one of the longest-lived PSU makers. Their first PSUs were made for Apple way back in the '70s."

(mumbling to self something about NEVER getting an avatar now...) ;-)

Interesting history, I didn't know all of that. ;)

I've read the recommended list of PSU's and I'm wondering if the PSU I have now is suitable for the Lanparty UT nF4 Expert running:

2x EVGA 7600GT on SLI

A64 X2 3800+ dual core

1024MB Corsair TwinX

2x 80GB ATA100 HDD

DVD ROM

Haven't purchased the board yet but I'm in the process of researching on this board. Thnx.

Below is my PSU specs and the link to Newegg:

APEVIA (ASPIRE) ATX 520W 20+4-Pin, +3.3V@30A, +5V@32A, +12V@35A

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?...N82E16817148008

Dangerous POS, they don't even claim to meet the ATX/Intel/AMD specs! :mad:

i'm new to this so please bear with me... what is a reasonable price range for PSU that supplies power to a fairly equipped SLI system for gaming? the highly recommended ones are well above $100, and they are more than enough to support the rigs. But are there any other option that is comparitively cheaper and still does a fair job?

afterall i would still like to control my budget, although it'd be wonderful to have the best PSU in the world...

P.S. I assume that besides DFI mobo's, these highly recommended PSUs also have no problems supplying power to other mobo's of the similar level of performance? say like ASUS A8N's or M2N's?

Without a detailed list of your system in your signature (per the rules) no one is going to be able to recommend a power supply. In the grand scheme of things the psu's that are recommended are not that expensive when compared to the total cost of the system. And the best power supplies in the world run $500.00+.