Sign in to follow this  
davidhammock200

DFI Recommended Power Supplies (UPDATED October 20th, 2006!)

lol so what exactly does that mean? No dual 7950GX2s, or are we talking the next cards to be released?
The OCZ PowerStreams are NOT recommended for dual 7800/7900/7950 or highend Crossfire; dual 1800/1900/1950.

That is what the OCZ GXS 700W is for! ;)

I know my PSU is NOT recommended. I am wondering if anyone has used this PSU (in my sig) with DFI boards and what their personal experience is. The sad thing is, i spent as much on this PSU as a OCZ gamerxstream 700!

Anyone had any bad luck, good luck with this PSU? I can't be the only one with it!

I know my PSU is NOT recommended. I am wondering if anyone has used this PSU (in my sig) with DFI boards and what their personal experience is. The sad thing is, i spent as much on this PSU as a OCZ gamerxstream 700!

Anyone had any bad luck, good luck with this PSU? I can't be the only one with it!

It has never been seriously reviewed, that I can find & I have no idea who made it.

There are code & ID numbers on the sticker, if you can post the UL number,

maybe we can find out who makes these.

It certainly has one thing going for it, it is pretty! :)

EDIT:

Not a good start: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1093967

Took the PSU out and the only numbers i found where on a barcode label;

P0604 04523

Manual is providing no clues.

I think my amperage is 'ok' although I know there is more to it than just Amperage. I will definately post if it blows up or fries my machine. For now, I guess ill play with fire.

Specs;

Efficiency > 70%

Over Voltage Protection +5V output is between 5.7V to 6.5V/+12V output is between 13.2V to 14.4V/+3.3V output is between 3.7V to 4.1V.

Overload Protection 105%~150%

Input Voltage 115~120 Vac/200~240 Vac

Input Frequency Range 50/60Hz

Input Current [email protected]/[email protected]

Output [email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected]

what about the Antec NeoHE 550? i didnt have time to read the 44 pages of the forum but i didnt see it in the list
Antec is sending some for H_G to test, he will post the results.

another q? what about the Thermaltake Power express Dedicated graphics card supply its like 25a 250w solely for running SLI its dual 12v

i bout this about 2 weeks ago .. Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550... and im now just looking at what mobo's i can get and i love how the DFI looks. I figured 550 watts would be great power but it seems this is reccomended for low end and mid level systems. Basically.. im just interested in a Athlon 64 X2 4400+ , 2 gigs of ram, NON SLI setup.. 256 mb 7900GT. socket 939. Can i do it with this PSU? Thanks in advance

i bout this about 2 weeks ago .. Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550... and im now just looking at what mobo's i can get and i love how the DFI looks. I figured 550 watts would be great power but it seems this is reccomended for low end and mid level systems. Basically.. im just interested in a Athlon 64 X2 4400+ , 2 gigs of ram, NON SLI setup.. 256 mb 7900GT. socket 939. Can i do it with this PSU? Thanks in advance

I recommend the OCZ or Fortron Epsilon 600w psu for your system (OCZ/FSP...they are made by Fortron, and there's really no difference in them).

what about the Antec NeoHE 550? i didnt have time to read the 44 pages of the forum but i didnt see it in the list

right now it is not in the list

I am testing some Antecs at the moment, but the OCZ 600w GamerXstream psu is the #1 recommended power supply in the forum, and it is the one we recommend the most (and probably will continue to recommend it the most)

Yes, you should be fine. :)

Sign in to follow this