Socket 939 Discussion Thread

What DDS level are you running? and did you try 2.63v on them? i find that the DDS 8 works well at ~270Mhz at 3-3-2-6 2.63v. are yours using the CE5 modules?

With official bios 4/06 and testing at 9x334, I set the memory at 250MHz (150=3/4) in an effort to isolate the problem. I was using 7 for DS and 1 for DDS. I tried all the other combinations including raising the Vdimm but none of that worked to compensate in passing 3DMark03 or lockups with EQII. My memory is #991493 but I'm not sure if it uses CE5 or CE6.

Using 704-2BTA bios and 9x328, I have the memory at 268MHz (166=5/6) [email protected] and I completed an OCDB entry with it. DS is set for weak 3 and DDS is set for level 1.

Basically, in my case, it seems like my CPU MHz is around 2950MHz (or slightly above). I tested by trying 9x334 then 9x333 and so on until I got to 9x330 and they all produced the same effect with 3DMark03. They all locked up. Not until I dropped it to 9x328 did it stop so I tested further and created an OCDB entry with this OC.

Believe me, I tried the myriad of different bios combinations trying to stabilize 9x334. This includes using various memory dividers, voltages, timings etc. I looked at various OCDB entries using similar hardware for reference points etc. None of it worked. This was done with the official 4/06 bios and the unofficial 704-2BTA. I even got a Tuniq Tower 120 and strapped a 60mm fan on the PWMIC to remove cooling as a factor.

--Fernando

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With official bios 4/06 and testing at 9x334, I set the memory at 250MHz (150=3/4) in an effort to isolate the problem. I was using 7 for DS and 1 for DDS. I tried all the other combinations including raising the Vdimm but none of that worked to compensate in passing 3DMark03 or lockups with EQII. My memory is #991493 but I'm not sure if it uses CE5 or CE6.

Using 704-2BTA bios and 9x328, I have the memory at 268MHz (166=5/6) [email protected] and I completed an OCDB entry with it. DS is set for weak 3 and DDS is set for level 1.

Basically, in my case, it seems like my CPU MHz is around 2950MHz (or slightly above). I tested by trying 9x334 then 9x333 and so on until I got to 9x330 and they all produced the same effect with 3DMark03. They all locked up. Not until I dropped it to 9x328 did it stop so I tested further and created an OCDB entry with this OC.

Believe me, I tried the myriad of different bios combinations trying to stabilize 9x334. This includes using various memory dividers, voltages, timings etc. I looked at various OCDB entries using similar hardware for reference points etc. None of it worked. This was done with the official 4/06 bios and the unofficial 704-2BTA. I even got a Tuniq Tower 120 and strapped a 60mm fan on the PWMIC to remove cooling as a factor.

--Fernando

Give these two combos a shot.

Genie BIOS Settings:

FSB Bus Frequency.............................  -  300 - or 334
LDT/FSB Frequency Ratio.......................  -  x3.0
CPU/FSB Frequency Ratio.......................  -  10.0 - or 9.0
PCI eXpress Frequency.........................  -  100Mhz - or 105Mhz

CPU VID StartUp Value.........................  -  Startup

CPU VID Control...............................  -  1.350v
CPU VID Special Control.......................  -  Above VID *110% - or give it a little push :D
LDT Voltage Control...........................  -  1.20v - or 1.30v
Chip Set Voltage Control......................  -  1.50v - or 1.60v
DRAM Voltage Control..........................  -  2.70v - or 2.75

DRAM Configuration Settings:

DRAM Frequency Set............................  -  166=RAM/FSB:05/06 - or 150
Command Per Clock (CPC).......................  -  Enabled 
CAS Latency Control (Tcl).....................  -  03 Bus Clocks
RAS# to CAS# delay (Trcd).....................  -  03 Bus Clocks
Min RAS# active time (Tras)...................  -  06 Bus Clocks
Row precharge time (Trp)......................  -  02 Bus Clocks
Row Cycle time (Trc)..........................  -  07 Bus Clocks
Row refresh cyc time (Trfc)...................  -  13 Bus Clocks
Row to Row delay (Trrd).......................  -  02 Bus Clocks
Write recovery time (Twr).....................  -  02 Bus Clocks
Write to Read delay (Twtr)....................  -  01 Bus Clocks
Read to Write delay (Trwt)....................  -  02 Bus Clocks
Refresh Period (Tref).........................  -  3120 Cycles or 4718
Write CAS Latency (Twcl)......................  -  Auto
DRAM Bank Interleave..........................  -  Enabled

DQS Skew Control..............................  -  Auto
DQS Skew Value................................  -  0
DRAM Drive Strength...........................  -  Strong 8 or Weak 5 "also try 7"
DRAM Data Drive Strength......................  -  Level 1
Max Async Latency.............................  -  8 - or 9.5
DRAM Response Time............................  -  Normal
Read Preamble Time............................  -  6 - or 4.5
IdleCycle Limit...............................  -  16 Cycles
Dynamic Counter...............................  -  Disable or Enable
R/W Queue Bypass..............................  -  16 x
Bypass Max....................................  -  07 x
32 Byte Granularity...........................  -  Disable(4 Bursts)

to help speed up instability errors in Orthos just run some custom runs with very high FFTs. Good luck :)

Fernando

P.S open the spreaders on the redlines so you can see if they are CE5 or 6, if CE6 then you might not see 270Mhz and that 268Mhz might be your limit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just entered my first OCDB for Expert + 3700 San Diego @ 2905.:)

Interesting note: I was fooling around with my original chip and couldn't get it above 2750. Someone on the forum (name withheld for privacy) emailed me and said he had a 3700 Sandy with very cool OC and offered to trade, in that he did not need the OC at present. We traded and WOW, very happy. Now that is DIY-Street in action, if you ask me.

• 3 weeks later...

just got my first entry in the ocdb. not quite the 3ghz i was hoping for but fill keep tweaking.

question:- if i get another stable setting with this setup do i make a new entry or edit the old one?

Guest LookBackX2

I entered my first OCDB entry, like mungo it isn't quite GGG.

If any of you Vets have suggestions on how to get there without a lot more vcore, I'm all ears.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there an easy way to search the OCDB for some results that use my ram (1gigx2 of Gskill PC4000), my new cpu (opty165), and my mobo (SLI-DR in my sig). Yes, I'm trying to cheat and just plug in numbers and be done with it. hehe