Socket 939 Discussion Thread

Just a quick update, as itss been many months since i was here last. I ditched my 3500+ as it just didnt liked being overclocked at all. I picked up a opto 170 for cheap ( not sure of the stepping anymore ) And over the last few months i have pushed it from 2.6ghz to 3.2ghz at 320fs 1:1. Okay its not air cooled, but its only a simple watercooling setup. Im pretty sure i could get the same speeds on a tuniq or a ultra 120 extreme with some lapping and a ihs removal. Still, it pays to get good ram when overclocking the 939 chips. I was using corsair 4400 and was stuck at 292fsb 1:1 with the new mushkin i could go straight to 320fsb 1:1 with 2.75v. Best of all, the whole thing is for sale now :)

Could you please post up a screenie of A64 Info showing your speed and ram settings, along with a screenie of 8hrs Orthos clear run.

You see Anti, as far as i am aware there is'nt any DDR1 2gig ram sets made that will run over 270 1:1, let alone 320 1:1. My TCCD will run 318 1:1, so excuse my sceptisism.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you please post up a screenie of A64 Info showing your speed and ram settings, along with a screenie of 8hrs Orthos clear run.

You see Anti, as far as i am aware there is'nt any DDR1 2gig ram sets made that will run over 270 1:1, let alone 320 1:1. My TCCD will run 318 1:1, so excuse my sceptisism.

haha hope floats

I'll go even further. If that is 2x1GB memory there is no way it's running at that speed (stable) with acceptable voltage. Until valid screenshots are posted this is no more then wishful thinking.

• 1 month later...
Guest LookBackX2

All the work for WC was well worth a GGG OCDB entry. Especially since I haven't really started tweaking yet.

My temps are 41cpu, 48-50vrm,46-49NB @ Idle and don't raise very far at load. They could raise to 45, 57, 50. I am using the hr05 on my Chipset, should I get a 70-90mm fan to help it out, or are these acceptable temps at idle?

Nice job LookBack. Make sure to post in the 3G thread with a link to your OCDB post.

I would put a fan on the HR05, they are acceptable temps but cooler is always better when OC is the game.

PS: Your first thumbnail links to your second pic. may want to fix it.

Guest LookBackX2
Nice job LookBack. Make sure to post in the 3G thread with a link to your OCDB post.

I would put a fan on the HR05, they are acceptable temps but cooler is always better when OC is the game.

PS: Your first thumbnail links to your second pic. may want to fix it.

Thanks.

I am a little leery of attaching an 80mm fan to the hr05 since it doesn't mount very solid in the first place. Would a smartfan II be too heavy? I've also considered using the tiny fans from my OZC memory cooler in a push pull setup.

I'll get that link fixed.

I found on my NF4 Ultra-D and my 975X/G that even an 80mm fan hanging off the side of the HR-05 caused the heatsink assembly to tilt a little bit due to gravity. Finally I just gave up trying to hang a fan on the sucker and kept it fanless. It did just fine without a fan. I never did try any of the small chipset sized fans, but they might do the trick, especially in a push/pull setup. Worth a try I'd think.

erico + 3stars = you've had your latest 939 entries removed for improper format/pics/etc.

Please try again and follow the instructions!

A_G,

I'll give it another shot...I figure its no more hassle than it was to finally get my rig to 3 Ghz+ and stable :) Question..in the rules in post#2 you said that Orthos is the same as SP2004 and considered acceptable..or at least that was my understanding..?

regards,

Eric

• 2 weeks later...