Socket 939 Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

soundx98

Thanks for the comment, I was pretty happy to have another entry in the database as I've used it as a resource for years now! In my last entry I had basically all the same hardware except I had the older UTT based Redline XP4000 modules installed. Unfortuenlty I had to RMA them for the third time in the last two years and Mushkin actualy ran out of the UTT based modules to replace mine with. Fortuenlty after working with some very nice people over there (Big thanks to Mr. Dodd, Brian Flood, and Christie Norris) they were able to replace my older UTT based Redlines with the newer 2GB version of the Redline XP4000 at no extra charge!!!

Iv'e only had the modules for about 2 weeks now but their doing great so far, love them. Plus it's nice to not have to actively cool them, lol! I was hoping to find someone using both an Expert and these modules but I'm still learning how to properly use the search functions in the database.

soundx98

Thanks for the comment, I was pretty happy to have another entry in the database as I've used it as a resource for years now! In my last entry I had basically all the same hardware except I had the older UTT based Redline XP4000 modules installed. Unfortuenlty I had to RMA them for the third time in the last two years and Mushkin actualy ran out of the UTT based modules to replace mine with. Fortuenlty after working with some very nice people over there (Big thanks to Mr. Dodd, Brian Flood, and Christie Norris) they were able to replace my older UTT based Redlines with the newer 2GB version of the Redline XP4000 at no extra charge!!!

Iv'e only had the modules for about 2 weeks now but their doing great so far, love them. Plus it's nice to not have to actively cool them, lol! I was hoping to find someone using both an Expert and these modules but I'm still learning how to properly use the search functions in the database.

are you enjoying those redlines yea? I know I am. :)

gg mushkin! that's how you keep your customers and gain more by comments like those above.

Guest LithoTech
soundx98

You lucked out I think, because not long ago, only a few weeks, Mushkin was flogging off a bunch of Redline CH-5. I almost bought a couple of sticks, but missed out on them because I hesitated a day too long. Sold out, and out of stock, end of line, poof, gone!

And you can't complain with a 2gig kit that does 265 with 3-3-8-2 :D Nice trade I'd say!

What was wrong with the ones you had to RMA three times?? :confused:

Guest LithoTech
Got myself an entry here. Seems nice enough, bit disappointed about it needing some much voltage though... I see 3800+'s passin' me left and right... :eek:

I'm happy with it, given the fact that it's rock solid and still performs!

Greetz!

I likey the 22hrs P95 too! Extra Prime time, overclocks with stock voltages, uptime over 30days, these are what impress meh! :D

I'm thinking there is something amiss though. Your 3DM scores seem way low for a 7800GT. My 6800GS does 28k on 3DM01, you got a 28157?? In fact I just ran a 27k at stock 2ghz today... :confused: Your card should slaughter mine!

Am I missing something here? Or maybe your card got underclocked somehow?

Or did you run the benches with Prime still running?

Or did you run the benches with Prime still running?

LoL,

No, The card is indeed somewhat underclocked, irregular lock-ups at stock due to I don't know what, more details can be found in this thread. Unlike my comment in the final post, I still haven't gotten around to RMA the thing, and there's no need to either... All games are running great, and I'll keep my money 'till DX10-cards arrive... ;)

About the 22hrs, that's fairly easy for me. I start it at 11.00 PM, get up at 5.30 AM, leave at 6.15 AM (8hrs not met), return at 19.00 PM, have diner & watch some TV, stop at 10.00 PM... Didn't even break a sweat... ;)

Greetz!

@Roger_D25, you lucky dog... 3-3-2-8 @ 265... NICE!

Guest LithoTech
crap... I had 2 cpu-z's open.. must closed one by accident..

Oh well... just hafta run it again tonight...

Looks good now!

Couple of things...

1) One minor typo:

short description:

250x10 @ 2750Mhz ~ 1.500V

3-3-6-3 @ 2.90v vdimm

Multi should be 11x :D

2) Just notice you have another 7800GT that is underperforming, the 3DM01 score is below my 6800GS just like Anakin's. You underclocking it as well?

3) CPU stepping: I thought you might have been the user that needs to pull his XP-120 to get the stepping, but that was Viking. Do you have your stepping recorded anywhere? If so, just edit it in.

Good job! Looking forward to seeing what your stepping is on that 4200. The system I just built for my brother has an LDBFE 0622 FPMW. We haven't overclocked her yet, still teaching him the basics and working out some minor bugs he still has. But I'm always curious as to what his stepping may be capable of, including what other steppings are doing.