Socket 939 Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well now I just deleted two more 939 OCDB posts because it seems people still, to this day, which is an amazing feat of laziness and ignorance, cannot be bothered to read the rules that state SP2004 IS NOT ALLOWED UNLESS YOU ARE USING AM2 OR LGA775!

sheesh people...what is the problem?

allthatwhichis

Look at the post above this by soundx98.

What... I used custom didn't I? :confused:

well now I just deleted two more 939 OCDB posts because it seems people still, to this day, which is an amazing feat of laziness and ignorance, cannot be bothered to read the rules that state SP2004 IS NOT ALLOWED UNLESS YOU ARE USING AM2 OR LGA775!

Must be mine... My glasses must need new batterys... but I didn't see that, I'm lazy and ignorant, BUT I did read the rules... DAMN, I just spent almost 4 hours on that post too...

I still don't see it. Could someone post a link... I'll glady accept the "Dumb butt of the Day" award if you guys can point this out to me.

All I see is this...

pic # 1 - Prime95, SP2004, or Orthos (SP2004 for multi-core cpu's) minimum 8 hours, 2x cpu-z screens, one showing the first tab (cpu info) and one showing the memory tab (timings), and one finished benchmark of 3dMark2001SE

bleh! time to go back to the lab.

allthatwhichis

read this -> http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61056

IMO that's not really fair... Why would I go into a thread titled:

Big Update - Read Below (LGA775/Socket AM2 overclockers!)

When I don't have a 775 or AM2. I looked into:

Rules for this section - YOU MUST READ FIRST! (added AM2 Infinity Template!)

Because of it's title. :rolleyes: That looked like where the rules were... :confused: I therefore decline the "Dumb butt of the Day" award...

LMAO, i totally agree with you, the _Update_ title was misleading and not something a 939 user would look at. but

the Rules for this section - YOU MUST READ FIRST! (added AM2 Infinity Template!) is something everyone would look at,. Anyways, it's not a big deal to me as I prime at night while I sleep :D

/me slaps Happy_Games with an Angry_Clown

EDIT:

I guess I'll be reading every sticky in the OCDB threads from now on.

I agree there would be less controversy if the Prime95 requirement was in the "Rules for this section" post. But come on guys. The very first post in this section says Big Update. True in parentheses are motherboards that most of don't have. But wouldn't common sense dictate that since it's a Sticky and the first one listed a person would at least look at it to see if the section he/she is interested in is affected. It's doubtful that most people doing their first entry don't at least give the section they're going to post in at least a casual glance. After seeing only Prime95 entries that should be enough to at least ask about using SP2004 since no entry has a screenshot of it.

For some of us this isn't even an excuse for not posting the OCDB entry correctly. Some of the deleted entries are made by people that have been here long enough to see plenty of other entries deleted for the same reason. The same as configuring Prime95 the proper way. It isn't listed in the rules but it is asked and answered constantly. Most people should know that H_G requires Prime to be run with custom blend. But being it's Prime95 there is no way to know looking at the entry if it was in fact run that way. Most of us just assume it was. But there will always be someone who will use different settings to take the memory controller out of the equation or give themselves some other edge to clock just a little higher.

If one of our entries are deleted for not meeting the requirements it's really not a big deal. The most involved screenshot is Prime95. We do it again while we are sleeping and repost it. Entry done and we know better the next time.

I'm not saying that its that big of a deal, that isnt the point.

Big Update - Read Below (LGA775/Socket AM2 overclockers!)

Why on earth would i ever read that? it doesnt have anything to do with me, or an component i own, and it doesnt say anything about rules that arent in the rules post are in it.

To quote the rules

4. Database threads are ONLY for posting your DETAILED OVERCLOCKING SETUP & RESULTS

A Detailed Overclocking Result will look like this, no exceptions:

Complete detailed specs, including voltages, timings, bios version, exact model of hardware and exact stepping of cpu etc

BIOS screens are acceptable, but you really need to stick with text for details so that users can use the SEARCH function to find exactly what they want.

I will make the first post in the 939 Overclocking Database thread to give you an idea of exactly what you need.

Like the Toaster sigs, you MUST complete the following benchmarks, in the following manner:

pic #1 - Prime95, SP2004, or Orthos (SP2004 for multi-core cpu's) minimum 8 hours, 2x cpu-z screens, one showing the first tab (cpu info) and one showing the memory tab (timings), and one finished benchmark of 3dMark2001SE

just like this:

http://www.logan.eclipse.co.uk/images/toasty.jpg

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21

pic #2 - 3dMark2003 completed benchmark

pic #3 - 3dMark2005 completed benchmark

pic #4 - 3dMark2006 completed benchmark

pic #5 - Everest Home Edition 2.20 (any edition is acceptable) completed Memory Read benchmark (you can fit this into any other picture)

Nowhere in the RULES does it say that SP2004 only applies to AM2/LGA775, it's a matter of consistancy, SP2004 and orthos should be left out of the rules post, or clarified a whole lot better. After all people with AM2/LGA775 will most likely read the thread that specifically target's them. Flat out the rule's do actually say that SP2004 is allowed for all platforms