OCZ Prime Stable Database (updated 2/06/2006)

Hi All,

Wondered if you could help me, unfortunatly as due to buying an AGP 6800GT I mustled up with the nforce3 250G UT, and have not regretted it. Quite new to overclocking but have picked up a hell of alot lately.

Ive been running 250*11 @ 1.65 volts 2.8 volts for the vdimm which is probably overkill for the TCCD @ 250 but havent really tried lower. What ive wanted to happen is to try and run 2.75 using 275*10, or even 270*10 just to get better bandwidth on the memory. Problem is this tccd is really being a pain to run 275 stable.

Its OCZ Rev2's using a 3400+ NC [ week 40 of 04, CG stepping so seems to be a good clocker and nice mem controller] using Dimms1+2. I thought I cracked it last night because before I was failing test 4, which I go to pass last night and same with test 5 which game me even better confidence I had got stable.

Unfortunatly test 6 come along and shattered me with thousands of errors (also highlighted in red in memtest built into the DFI Board). Using these Settings:

VDDR: 2.8v

TCL: 2.5

TRCD: 3

TRAS: 7

TRP: 3

TRC: 7

TRFC: 14

TRRD: 3

TWR: 2

TWRT: 2

TRWT: 2

TREF: 4708

TWCL: 01

Scew Increase: 255

Drive Strength: 2

Max async: 7ns

Preamable: 5ns

R/w Bypass: 16x

Bypass: 7x

32B Gran: Disabled

I probably thinking from other posts of yours that maybe tref @ 3072 maybe better, and maybe drive strength @ 3?

Just fiddled so much and cant seem to hit the sweet spot, would appreciate some help if possible.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes my system running 2520 @ FSB280x9 stable with 2.5-4-3-7-1T.

Edit: Not long. My system crashes while i played a game. :(

Try using 252 x 10 with 2.5-3-3-8 timings, I'll bet it's faster. Also try 2.8v, and have a fan blowing on your memory.

Let us know how you do.

Try using 252 x 10 with 2.5-3-3-8 timings, I'll bet it's faster. Also try 2.8v, and have a fan blowing on your memory.

Let us know how you do.

Thank you for your information.

I tried this settings and it's stable but i want to get FSB 280 stable. The next try is 2.5-4-4-8 (it's worse than 3-3-8 because the speed is slower).

And the Heatspreader on my OCZ Ram (a silver plate) is not enough for cooling?

PS: It's maybe my Bios? I have 3/25 shall i downgrade to 3/10?

Edit: So i have tested 2.5-4-4-8 its stable with 280x9 but not with 3-3-8 and i tested 290x9. It's stable with 4-4-8 but not with 3-3-8 @Memtest. Only a problem is i can't boot windows with 290x9. It shows BSOD (bootvid.ini and information to set shadow off or cache lower). Is my CPU 2540Mhz at the end of stable settings?

Well Ive resolved my Issues nothing had anything with the MoBo/Memory to do... The 3200 Plat. Rev.2s are amazing together with the 310 BIOS. I can do 305 FSB at 3-4-48 without raising a sweat. But only below 2400 on the Memcontroller.

It seems that when I use DC the additional 64 bittidnes on the second channel kills my OC-potential. I can do 2800 on SC but die at 2400-2430 on DC. Im still "game Stable" at 2640 DC but not Prime.

well I just wanted to put my word in for the quality of the DFI and the Plat Rev.2s :D

VDDR: 2.8v

TCL: 2.5

TRCD: 3

TRAS: 7

TRP: 3

TRC: 7

TRFC: 14

TRRD: 3

TWR: 2

TWRT: 2

TRWT: 2

TREF: 4708

TWCL: 01

Scew Increase: 255

Drive Strength: 2

Max async: 7ns

Preamable: 5ns

R/w Bypass: 16x

Bypass: 7x

32B Gran: Disabled

I probably thinking from other posts of yours that maybe tref @ 3072 maybe better, and maybe drive strength @ 3?

Just fiddled so much and cant seem to hit the sweet spot, would appreciate some help if possible.

Try like OCZTony says ( vdimm up to 3v).. I have 2 sets of 3200rev2 and one like 2.7vdimm the other likes 2.9vdimm.. Also one set likes slots 1+2 the other likes 1+3..lol.. go figure, but maybe this will give you some things to try..

Also my set that likes 2.9vdimm will do 8-3-3-2.5 up to 260 or so.. and then for 270 it likes 8-3-4-2.5..

If your using one of the newer bios with the bank interleave feature.. DISABLE it.. one of my sets like it but not at high speeds.. the other hates it no matter what..

It runs. I have tested 4-4-8 with FSB280. It's stable. Now i will see what happen if i set the FSB up to 290 ;) . Ah yes i test with 3-3-7/8 FSB280/FSB290 too.

Bios 310 is very good.

Well can anyone tell me why this is? http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9333

Hi Danny,

Try putting 1 stick on slot 2 and see if it boots, then switch sticks. If the other does not boot, put the stick that won't boot in slot 4 and the stick that does boot in slot 2....see what happens.

If that does not work, then swap slots and try again.

Thanks

Guest DannyGlass
Hi Danny,

Try putting 1 stick on slot 2 and see if it boots, then switch sticks. If the other does not boot, put the stick that won't boot in slot 4 and the stick that does boot in slot 2....see what happens.

If that does not work, then swap slots and try again.

Thanks

ok i will try that not then i will reply back.

Edit: Just tryed that and one didnt boot and the other did, so i did what you said and it didnt work and i also tryed it the opposite way round aswell and it still just continuely bleeped, any other ideas?