The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

1st of all, very nice sig :)

that is an old version of Everest you are running and it's adding to the confusion. Sensor descriptions are reversed. (Pointed out earlier in this very long thread)

Download the latest Everest at www.lavalys.com and it will display the temps in the taskbar as well.

Angry_Games has mentioned that he used nTune to monitor temps only without issue.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Downloaded Everest 2.20.405

The temps are (as they are written in Everest):

Mobo: 36

CPU: 43

CPU Diode: 29

Mobo and CPU Diode temps are same as in BIOS, nTune and SpeedFan "Temp2" and "Remote".

Well i gues Ill use Everest or SpeedFan as long as MBM is not working.

Thanks again!

First off, much props and respect, soundx98, for what is a very straight-forward guide. Just a couple of Q's:

*Regarding SMART HDD temp reading, I'm getting some very weird values (up to 250 degrees!). After a couple of mintures, the temps to return to some reasonable values (from between 40-60 degrees). To be honest, I haven't changed the settings to those mentioned in this post, I was wondering how do I enable SMART in my BIOS (NF4 SLI-D, latest bios).

*What does the "120 CPU" RPM reading refer to?

thanks again

Under - Advanced Bios Features - SMART - 3rd from bottom.

Changed this setting in BIOS (was disabled), still getting high temps though...after about 1-2min, they go back to normal (temp reading ATM is 43 degrees). PC does POST quicker now with SMART enabled...any ideas? Cheers

WARNING - THIS CONFIG FILE DOES NOT WORK CORRECTLY WITH THE DFI NF4 INFINITY SERIES! CPU READINGS MAY FLUCTUATE RAPIDLY.

I BELIEVE A NEW BIOS REVISION WILL FIX THIS ISSUE

Do you have any more info on this? I am going to flash my bios tonight ( on the infinity SLI ) and am hoping to have MBM working properly. Has it been fixed to work with my motherboard?

I noticed when installing MBM that it did not have many DFI boards in its list. I am assuming the info in this thread sorts that out, right?

Thanks.

For all you hardware monitoring freaks :), I have I little app I'd like you to try/test.

It should enable you to see MBM dashboard (or samurize/everest OSD/pretty much everything) inside any DX9 game.

Example:

screen0009jc.th.jpg

Download from:

[Download links removed untill I work out some issues]

Read the included readme!

If it works don't use it while playing online as it might be detected as a cheat!

And now some bad news - it might not work (out of 4 tested PC's it worked on two - thanks to soundx for testing)...

Tell me if it works :)

There is no error logging to a file at this time, so if you really want me to know the reason it won't work you'll have to download DebugView (http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/DebugView.html) and start it before using the app. Send me the error printout it produces to the email listed in the readme.

Hope it works...

edit:

Could someone post if you have d3dx9_27.dll in your system32 folder before installing. I am not sure if this is a standard part of the DX9 installation. Anyway, it is also included...

If you are a gamer, _xhp_'s new app is so dang kewl.

I urge all to give it a try so we can give him some feedback as token repayment for all the hard work he has done in this thread.

yo matty_129, what will probably happen is you will get CPU readings jumping around (sometimes a lot, and sometimes a little). MBM5 5.370 has no support for the NF4 boards in the configuration wizard. So do NOT use the config wizard it contains. Simply exit program and reboot when the MBM5 configuration wizard appears. GL