The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

Winfox is probably changing your GPU fan speed.

Likely guess and I thought about it. But I have no real way to doublecheck. I wasn't getting a fanspeed reading before winfox and my stock bios showed 100% fanspeed for all 3 performance levels. Still the most likely answer though.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you should look at the last post in theis link:

http://www.bugtrack.almico.com/view.php?id=304

It seems that winfox doesn't use the nv driver to read the temperatures, it seems it reads them directly from the sensor...

@Autochthon: at the moment I don't need any further info, but thx... I also noticed that winfox displays 1002 (extra 2 Mhz) as my mem clock - I'll have to look into that (but I don't plan to change the clocks to reflect the "geometry delta")...

Maybe you should look at the last post in theis link:

http://www.bugtrack.almico.com/view.php?id=304

Looks like your on top of your game. That looks like it's describing the same issue. But I'm less certain they've come up with the reasons or which reading accurately reflects actual temps. Why would Leadtek release a program that incorrectly reports GPU temps and allows adjustment of GPU temps and threshhold temps; that seems a bit risky.

I'm guessing you think that winfox replaces output readings from existing Nvidia drivers and this is why rivatuner and your NVdriver.dll are showing the new lower temps?

Looks like your on top of your game. That looks like it's describing the same issue. But I'm less certain they've come up with the reasons or which reading accurately reflects actual temps. Why would Leadtek release a program that incorrectly reports GPU temps and allows adjustment of GPU temps and threshhold temps; that seems a bit risky.

Allows adjustment of GPU temps and threshold temps? Where?

I noticed thatr winfox reports diffferent (lower) treshold values. Think it was 100C for the core & 90C for the ambient...

I'm guessing you think that winfox replaces output readings from existing Nvidia drivers and this is why rivatuner and your NVdriver.dll are showing the new lower temps?

I don't realy know what is going on... Winfox replacing output readings from existing Nvidia drivers is pretty unlikely...

For me the temperatures are the same in winfox and properties. Could be a case of using leadtek software with a non-leadtek card...

In Preferences -> about - what is the name of the card reported (is it reported as a leadtek)?

In hardware monitor -> right click -> advanced information - what is the sensor name?

Again, we need a true leadtek 7800 user to answer the upper questions and tell us if the temps match...

Allows adjustment of GPU temps and threshold temps? Where?

oopsI misspoke you can set alarm values in hardware monitoring but I guess you can't actually alter values.

I noticed thatr winfox reports diffferent (lower) treshold values. Think it was 100C for the core & 90C for the ambient...

threshhold values are the same as nvidia for me 132C for both

I don't realy know what is going on... Winfox replacing output readings from existing Nvidia drivers is pretty unlikely...

For me the temperatures are the same in winfox and properties. Could be a case of using leadtek software with a non-leadtek card...

The reason I mention that is that all output reading are exactly the same for me. which I assume means your dll's are reading the same output address as previously but that output value has changed.

In Preferences -> about - what is the name of the card reported (is it reported as a leadtek)?

In hardware monitor -> right click -> advanced information - what is the sensor name?

#1 Output is Winfast PX7800 GTX which I'd guess is Leadteks name for this series but I assumed that portion was just some fixed text and the name was linked to some internal card bios value.

#2 hardware monitor format:ADT74xx value:46

edit: Just an aside. I can adjust the 2d and 3d memory speed sliders in the speedclock utility in winfox and independently change the outputs from each of the two dll's which strikes me as very odd as I thought memspeed was constant

First of all, thx for the plugin/modifications :)

Now, the troubles:

(sorry about the long post)

When you open rivatuner's hardware monitor do you see any temperature readings? If you don't then you definitly wont see then in mbm.

Well, I don't :-(

So, my MSI 6600GT 128MB AGP does not support hardware monitoring as it is (I've seen someone in this thread report that this exact video card in it's PCI-e version works, so I'll keep trying).

I've heard that nVidia put temperature sensors in all 6600GTs so that the capability is there and a BIOS/Firmware update on the VGA should do it.

On the other hand, I have several sensors showing up in MBM5 which I don't know what they are:

GL523/528SM-7 (local)

GL523/528SM-7 (remote)

LM75-5

MAX1617-9 (local)

MAX1617-9 (remote)

You'll probably tell me to ignore most of them :D but, I lowered the room's temp 5-10°C and the LM75-5 changed from 30 to 26, so it is actually meassuring something. MAX1617-9 (remote) is always at 32. Any ideas ? (specs in my signature)

I can't tell you what it is, but I can tell you what it's not: CPU, nF3, PWMIC, Seagate HD.

Suspects: WD Hard disk (does not have a sensor as far as I know), MSI 6600GT (I would be great, but aren't they too low?), something else in the nF3 Ultra-D, PSU (?) . . . there's also a NIC :tooth:

TIA.

sorry about the mess:

mbm54oa.jpg

A quick stab before work. I see you got the new NF-3 939 mobo.

The WD800JB definately is SMART capable so that could be your 1st temp.

Your temps look very cool (low)

Since your chipset fan isn't showing I am going to assume you have the standard fan on it BUT it is set to start at it's default of 55 degrees. You can change the start up temperature (from 25-55 degrees) on the NF-4. Is it the same on the new NF3 939. May be the prob with that one.

it's also very Important to set the sensors to read from CUSTOM in MBM5. as _xhp_ has stated you may want to try his V7 pug-in that does not require RivaTuner.

I've heard that nVidia put temperature sensors in all 6600GTs so that the capability is there and a BIOS/Firmware update on the VGA should do it.

@NEC (and anybody else who doesn't see temps with 6600gt):

This should be interesting for you to read

http://www.ocia.net/articles/tempmonitoring/page1.shtml

There might be easyer way to this with one of the bios editor (nVidia bios editir or NiBiTor maybe?) - I saw something a while ago...

A quick stab before work. I see you got the new NF-3 939 mobo.

Yes, remember temperatures readings are a bit mad . . . for those who may not know.

The WD800JB definately is SMART capable so that could be your 1st temp.

Yes, SMART 'works' fine. I just assumed there was no temp sensor (I tried everything before but no temp, also a couple people with the WD800JB said they never got a temp reading). A revolutionary idea just occured to me, I'll unplug the HD and see if the sensor it's still there :D

(I run a defrag and the LM75-5 temp raised 2 degrees)

Is there any posibility the other one is the 6600GT ? if not . . . :confused:

Your temps look very cool (low)

Well, everything's out of the case right now . . . however the ambient temp isn't particulary cold at all.

Since your chipset fan isn't showing I am going to assume you have the standard fan on it BUT it is set to start at it's default of 55 degrees. You can change the start up temperature (from 25-55 degrees) on the NF-4. Is it the same on the new NF3 939. May be the prob with that one.

Yes, I have the stock chipset fan. It shows sometimes (as the 80 Exhaust however). Didn't know about start up temperatures, gonna check it later. I don't worry a lot about the chipset fan thou, failed within 5mins on first boot, planned to replaced it anyway. One good thing: it stopped making noises some days ago.

it's also very Important to set the sensors to read from CUSTOM in MBM5. as _xhp_ has stated you may want to try his V7 pug-in that does not require RivaTuner.

Yes, they are Custom . . . I tried this:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...8&postcount=359

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...6&postcount=397

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...1&postcount=554

I'll repeat them, just in case :)