soundx98

The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

I misunderstood. Sorry about that. In the NV properties I see 48C. In the mbm I see 0C.

Just one question - what are the names of the sensors you see in the dashboard (and are 0C)? If they are not GPU core/GPU ambient you probably misconfigured mbm - go to the first page and read again.

Guest ElAguila

In the dashboard I have one sensor that says gpu and one that says gpu env. In the setup for both of them it says the sensor should display custom. I have the mbm data file final that I downloaded and installed and then I installed the nv driver temperature monitoring v7.2a plugin that installed.

ElAquila it ssounds like you are doing things correctly. Have you opened up the dashboard Completely? I Mean ALL THE WAY. The Dashboard can display over a hundred sensors so they may not be visible unless it is OPENED ALL THE WAY.

Ignore the sensors labeled GPU/GPU Env as they are set up for ATITool info.

The sensors you are looking for may even be UNDER other sensors.

See ncsa'S DASHBOARD PRIMER HERE http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...8&postcount=577

And I'm pretty sure I suggested everyone post their driver early in the thread and was poo-poo-ed. :)

Guest ElAguila

There are 4 sensors that I am not familiar with so I am going to try them and see if they jive with the everest temps of the nv control panel temps. They are GL523/528SM-7 (Local), GL523/528SM-7 (Remote), LM75-5, and LM75-7. I expanded dashboard and there were no other sensor left hanging where they weren't visible.

so no sensors were covered or hidden.

They should apprar when set to custom.

@soundx

Add

Ignore GPU and GPU ENV sensors - they are for ATI cards & ATItool.

To verify if you installed the plugin correctly do this:

1) Set the names of the sensors 21, 22, 23 & 24 to "Sensor" (case matters, it can be anything that begins with "Sensor" -> mbm defaults "Sensor 21", "Sensor 22",..., are ok too).

2) Restart mbm

If you installed the plugin corectly the sensor names should be set to: "GPU ambient" & "GPU core", "GPU2 ambient" & "GPU2 core", "GPU core" & "GPU memory" for the clocks.

If they don't it is not the fault of the mbm or the plugin - it is your fault :P , you didn't configure the mbm correctly, try again and reread the first page of this thread

@everybody

Please, confirm that the above procedure works

@ElAguila

I'm 99% sure you didn't configure mbm right:

Please, read this again:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...1&postcount=554

All of this info needs to be detailed in YOUR post _xhp_ where you have the links to plug-ins and dlls. It is only confusing the front page. We need you, SaFrOut, and ncsa to insure that your posts cover all the details and particulars of setup.

We are not having issues with the ATITool.

No offense intended _xhp_ but it HAS to be done in one of YOUR NVidia posts NOT the front page. And that includes insuring the DashBoard is ALL THE WAY OPEN. Can you guys put your heads together to insure a proper setup for NVidia cards please. I appreciate everyone's efforts but members are still having trouble with NV setup. Thanks again.

All of this info needs to be detailed in YOUR post _xhp_ where you have the links to plug-ins and dlls. It is only confusing the front page. We need you, SaFrOut, and ncsa to insure that your posts cover all the details and particulars of setup.

We are not having issues with the ATITool.

No offense intended _xhp_ but it HAS to be done in one of YOUR NVidia posts NOT the front page. And that includes insuring the DashBoard is ALL THE WAY OPEN. Can you guys put your heads together to insure a proper setup for NVidia cards please. I appreciate everyone's efforts but members are still having trouble with NV setup. Thanks again.

I agree... I simply forgot about it :P .

EDIT:

Posted all of the comments in the http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...9236#post169236

Fell free to remove extra coments from the first page

EDIT: slightly reedited

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...9236#post169236

I followed your instructions but it didn't work.

As soon as I open MBM 5 I get a small popup window that reappears everytime I click it.

At the top of the window it says "Error"

and the text on the box says "the driver didn't load"

any explanations?

I'm using 77.76, I'm getting temp reading in the nvidia panel, and I'm able to get the GPU temp in MBM using the plug-in without riva tuner. No ambient temp though, no ambient temp in the nvidia panels.

Gee dudes, you really need to let us know what _xhp_ Version you're using. See Post above you :).

@_xhp_ - Wonderful edit. Exactly what I was hoping for. You got do have a knack for those EDITS :D Can you but the date of that last EDIT at the top of the post, so folks feel confident they have the LATEST.

@DJStubbs - can't really explain why the driver is not loading. I'll try and find an explanation. Perhaps the road of least hassle is to remove MBM completely. Including registry keys. I'm assuming that there are no services disabled that would cause it. Any other software monitoring programs open?

reboot, and re-install. PM me if you need to and I'll try and call. I'll be the heavy breather whispering "MBM5, MBM5, MBM 5".

@Bitgod - 7.1, 7.2, SLI? have you checked all the info in xhp, SaFrOuT, and ncsa links? IS THE DASHBOARD OPEN ALL THE WAY? keep us poste.

Gee dudes, you really need to let us know what _xhp_ Version you're using. See Post above you :).

@_xhp_ - Wonderful edit. Exactly what I was hoping for. You got do have a knack for those EDITS :D Can you but the date of that last EDIT at the top of the post, so folks feel confident they have the LATEST.

@DJStubbs - can't really explain why the driver is not loading. I'll try and find an explanation. Perhaps the road of least hassle is to remove MBM completely. Including registry keys. I'm assuming that there are no services disabled that would cause it. Any other software monitoring programs open?

reboot, and re-install. PM me if you need to and I'll try and call. I'll be the heavy breather whispering "MBM5, MBM5, MBM 5".

@Bitgod - 7.1, 7.2, SLI? have you checked all the info in xhp, SaFrOuT, and ncsa links? IS THE DASHBOARD OPEN ALL THE WAY? keep us poste.

I looked in regedit and couldnt find the registry key after uninstalling...

My xfire is: djstubbs

Just reply here if you can help though :]