The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

good point as always malinois1. :)

ncsa - I think we need someone to verify that the latest is reading the overclocked frequencies don't we. Let's leave it as it is until _xhp_ and others have verified. I still think many are already using RivaTuner to overclock as well. I'd rather be late than premature.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good point as always malinois1. :)

ncsa - I think we need someone to verify that the latest is reading the overclocked frequencies don't we. Let's leave it as it is until _xhp_ and others have verified. I still think many are already using RivaTuner to overclock as well. I'd rather be late than premature.

It's good, malinois1 was spot on :nod: - so all is working correctly ... trying to post pic but have lost ImageShack at the moment ... will update here.

So we prob do not need a sep. Sli setup link and just add some screen shots into the one setup post.

EDIT:

Here's the Pic

mbm5dbgpuclkprob24hf.th.jpg

I don't think it's stock speeds. 7.2 is monitoring the Overclocked speed without the secondary geometry boost (the extra 40MHz). Rivadll on the other hand is measuring overclocked speed with the boost.

In my case _xhp_ 7.2 sensors shows 513 in mbm high/low while rivadll sensors measure 546.

In my case I thought maybe due to the GPUs in Sli the plugin was reading only stock settings but running a 3D app - both the plugin and RiverTuner bump up to the OC'd value as set, in this case by nVidia coolbits..

Thanks again guys ... great tool. :D

Yep NCSA. I use coolbits to OC and you can OC 3d without 2d thats why I figured it. No used to OC 2d anyways right. :)

Correct ;) thanks - I guess my brain was not fully engaged :rolleyes: I have updated a pic above so all is great here now ....

I don't think it's stock speeds. 7.2 is monitoring the Overclocked speed without the secondary geometry boost (the extra 40MHz). Rivadll on the other hand is measuring overclocked speed with the boost.

In my case _xhp_ 7.2 sensors shows 513 in mbm high/low while rivadll sensors measure 546.

What is rivadll (is it rivatuner?)?

What clocks do you see with other tools (rivatuner/systool)?

What is "secondary geometry boost "?

What tool did you overclock with?

Do you have coolbits installed? Please open nv display properties and go to Clock Frequency Settings tab - what are your 3d/2d clocks there?

v7.1/v7.2 plugin was tested with coolbits overclocked & underclocked, and it reported good clocks to me... This plugin simply asks NV driver what is the current clock speed, so you get the value that NV driver >thinks< is set...

Thanks _xhp_

Have tried v7.2 Sli test and it is picking up GPU Mem Clock's ok, however these appear to be the stock speeds (550/1120) of the cards rather than the OC'd speeds.

See pic attached.

mbm5dbgpuclkprob1kb.th.jpg

Name changes are now saved, great stuff :nod:

@Soundex98 - given now that this is working for Sli & Non-Sli do we need two separate links - I can delete mine - the only difference is the 2 sensors for the additional card?

Cheers

Great!! One question tho...why these sensors are under temperature? They are showing as celcius instead of MHz..can anything be done for that?

Thanks,

Rex

What is rivadll (is it rivatuner?)?

What clocks do you see with other tools (rivatuner/systool)?

What is "secondary geometry boost "?

What tool did you overclock with?

Do you have coolbits installed? Please open nv display properties and go to Clock Frequency Settings tab - what are your 3d/2d clocks there?

v7.1/v7.2 plugin was tested with coolbits overclocked & underclocked, and it reported good clocks to me... This plugin simply asks NV driver what is the current clock speed, so you get the value that NV driver >thinks< is set...

excuse my shorthand

rivadll refers mbm5rivatuner.dll

_xhp_7.2 refers to mbm5NVdriver.dll

while in 3d mode:

rivatuner history shows 554Mhz

mbm sensor 32 shows 554Mhz

mbm sensor 22 shows 513Mhz

Secondary geometry boost is a term loosely paraphrased from the term geometry delta which the author's of Nvidia bios modifier v3 use when describing the xtra overclock added on the the base overclock on 7800 gtx cards. You can download the program from Guru3d.com and see what I'm referring to basically it's an xtra 40MHz in performance 3D mode on a stock 7800gtx.

My overclock is set to 513/1350 by rivatuner and this is what appear in the Nvidia properties tab, but I've use coolbit's on occasion also both seem to work equally well.