The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

Download the latest ATITool here http://www.techpowerup.com/wizzard/ATITool_0.27b2.exe

After Installation open settings and select "temperature monitoring"

Send GPU to sensor 5 and GPU Env to Sensor 6,

atitooltn6.th.jpg

Make sure you then select in MBM5>Temperatures>Sensor 6 (Rename to GPU) and "Custom".

Then Sensor 6 (Rename GPU ENV) and "Custom".

atitollsetupyh3.th.jpg

Then Make sure you have selected to display sensors 5 & 6 in the MBM5 Dashboard.

Should be good to go.

ATI Tool must be running for it to display

Let me know if you have any issues.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Ok figured out the VBAT as well and added the following into the voltage.ini:

[Winbond W83627THF-A]

VT=6

V6=Asus P5N-E SLI

V6V1=$20*0.016 // CORE0

V6V2=255 // CORE1

V6V3=$21*0.016 // 3.3V

V6V4=$23*0.016*1.68 // 5V

V6V5=$24*0.016*4 // 12V

V6V6=255 // -12V

V6V7=255 // -5V

V6V8=$28*0.016 // VBAT

This combined with the sensors mentioned in my previous post seems to have sorted everything. I have attached a screenshot of my dashboard. Temps seem a little high for stock settings with stock fan (approx 53 deg Celsius for the cores idle). I'm still setting things up and haven't even looked at overclocking yet but looks like it might be worth taking off the heatsink and applying some Arctic Silver as I don't know what the shop did when they installed everything but I suspect they used the thermal pad that came with the processor.

Thanks for the help,

Opener

EDIT: This is on my new system for which I don't have a sig yet, Asus P5NE-SLI, Q6600, 8800GTS, OCZ 2GB memory.

To make this to work for me, I opened up the voltage.ini file in the MBM5/Data directory (after installing MBM and patch 3 to the correct directory). In the voltage.ini file I searched for [Winbond W83627THF-A] and then changed VT=5 to VT=6 and pasted what Opener said to:

V6=Asus P5N-E SLI

V6V1=$20*0.016 // CORE0

V6V2=255 // CORE1

V6V3=$21*0.016 // 3.3V

V6V4=$23*0.016*1.68 // 5V

V6V5=$24*0.016*4 // 12V

V6V6=255 // -12V

V6V7=255 // -5V

V6V8=$28*0.016 // VBAT

(edit note: the '255' above means no readings)

To get VBatt to show up on my P5N-E, I had to do the following:

In the Settings/Voltages panel, select sensor 8. Change "Should display board sensor" to MBM Fixed. Then change "Voltage Configuration" to 'Asus P5N-E SLI'. Click on Visual, change name to VBatt, and click on Display this voltage in the dashboard screen.

I changed everything to digital readouts except for CPU usage outputs. I'll see if I can post a pic in a minute, I have to reboot to get the drives to show up in MBM too.

Thanks Soundx98 and Opener for the info, I couldn't have done it on my own in a million years.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to get the MBM 5 with an Intel SE7520JR2 with double Xeon.

At first I tried with the wizard, then I found in this blog that the wizard didn't work. I tried then to configure it without the wizard without success.

Can someone help me with this board?

I'm trying to get the MBM 5 with an Intel SE7520JR2 with double Xeon.

At first I tried with the wizard, then I found in this blog that the wizard didn't work. I tried then to configure it without the wizard without success.

Can someone help me with this board?

I looked at your manual: http://download.intel.com/support/motherbo...0jr2tpsrev1.pdf and can only say,

Try using the config wizard and the select 'uguru' and see what happens.

Did the board come with a cd with any 'utilities' or extras?

• 2 weeks later...
I looked at your manual: http://download.intel.com/support/motherbo...0jr2tpsrev1.pdf and can only say,

Try using the config wizard and the select 'uguru' and see what happens.

Did the board come with a cd with any 'utilities' or extras?

I don't understand what 'uguru' means.

The board has a CD of utilities but we tried to install them in another servers and the program seems to corrupt the OS.

I will try to install it again.

I don't understand what 'uguru' means.

The board has a CD of utilities but we tried to install them in another servers and the program seems to corrupt the OS.

I will try to install it again.

Disregard what I said, as I tried to select uguru and it doesn't show up in the selection (although I've read somewheres that uguru does work).

I have no idea how to enable or select it. It's in the .ini files.

• 5 weeks later...

I've updated my MBM5 coretemp plugin to work with 64-bit systems (had to make a 64-bit driver). I also demonstrate, using the files included in my download, how to get MBM5 running on a x64 system without the need for any crazy hacks. I hope someone besides me still like to use MBM5 and runs Vista 64-bit:

http://www.thetechrepository.com/showthread.php?t=74

-FCG