soundx98

The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

Thanx, it took a while, but I think I've got the hang of it now. I used the NV Dirver Temperature Monitoring plug-in v7.22. I am only able to read GPU Temp, as well as core and memory clock on my BFG 7800GS OC (G70) flashed to EVGA BIOS rev.3 @ 1.55v core, 460 core, 1420 memory. Runs like a champ using th e92.24 drivers.

CPU: e4300 C2D @ 2.61GHz, 1.31v, 1160FSB, 9x multi

MOBO: ASRock 4CoreDual-VSTA, PT880Pro, 3:2 FSB:DRAM

GPU: BFG 7800GS OC 256Mb AGP (G70), EVGA rev.3 BIOS, 1.55v core, 460/1420

PSU: Antec TrueBlue 480w

MEMORY: 2x 512Mb Mushkin lvl II PC3500 @ 217.7/DDR435, 2-3-3-7 CR1

SOUND: Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2

HDD: 2x Samsung SP1614C 160Gb SATA HDD, RAID 0 Boot Array

WDC WD1600BB 160Gb PATA HDD, My Document Drive

MONITOR: 17" CTX VL951T CRT, 1024x768 @ 85Hz refresh rate

MOUSE: Logitech G5

KB: Logitech Access

Well I was going to stop or give up.

I took Vista off, it just kept crashing .

Installed TinyXP rev06 .. I edited the sensors 25 to GPU since the GPU labeled it works. Sensor 26 showed up as GPU ambient so I disabled that since its 0. I also disabled the default GPU and GPU ENV since those show up as 0 .. take a look phew!

untitledov4.jpg

thanks yes I did all those steps before

but they never said to move the .dll to plugins folder and i tried and now i see the plugins > start plugn but still nothing still 0 look

untitledie7.jpg

You didn't do everything I told you to... those (GPU and GPU ENV) will always show 0 with your NVidia card... you need to turn on sensors 21 through 26 using the steps I outlined above :-) then you will see your GPU temp. You can turn GPU and GPU ENV off because they're useless

You're almost there, now you have the plugin started so it's reading the sensors (hopefully) you just need to tell MBM5 to show them in the dashboard... please note, you will have to make the dashboard bigger using the arrows on the right (right-click anywhere in the dashboard to see them) to see the other sensors, unlock it with the little padlock...

you got it! son't know how I didn't see that post before I replied... but I did leave the computer for like an hour before I actually hit post reply... just left it sitting there... food was more imortant, lol

Hello folks,

I just upgraded from my trusty Athlon XP system to a new Core 2 Duo system and was looking for a program to replace MBM when i discovered this thread.

I have performed the following steps:

Installed MBM 5.3.7.0 + Update 3 (I did not install updates 1 & 2 first)

Copied the MBMDataFinal.rar's contents to the Data directory

Installed the CoreTemp Plugin 1.13

Installed the NVPlugin 7.22

I have been able to get the CPU Core temps and GPU clocks and temp but a view of the voltage readings seem off compared to Asus PCProbe 2 or are non-existent others don't match values shown in the BIOS. Has anyone know the correct configuration for an ASUS P5N-E SLI?

I am about to download Speedfan to see if this gives me a clue about which sensors to use so I can make the relevant changes to MBM but any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

Opener

If you are using the Update 3 DO NOT use the MBMDataFinal I have posted in this thread. It is for the DFI NF2, NF3, and NF4 boards only.

Update 3 changes the sensors and it is incompatible with the older DFI boards.

Your best bet is to totally un-install MBM5 and then reinstall 5370, Update 3 and the Core Temp plug-in at this point.

(The registry key is under Software/Alexander Van Kaam)

It should all function properly with just 5370 and update 3 but you'll need to rename the sensors. You can download the latest Evest 4 at www.lavalys.com for comparison.

Ok reverted to the original Update 3.0 data and have got most of my settings working with the following exceptions (which are displayed by Speedfan and/or Everest) -5v, -12v and VBat.

A poke around the MBM5.ini led me to discover that some of the temps were on the following sensors (based on what I had witnessed using the DFI data ) 193 motherboard, 194 NF4 Chipset and 192 CPU (non-core). Unfortunately I haven't got a clue how I would find the remaining voltages.

Any ideas?

Opener

Like most modern boards, the -5v and -12v rails are not used. Not sure about Battery V.

Sounds like you are good to go.

Can you post a screenshot for us to look at?

Carl

Ok figured out the VBAT as well and added the following into the voltage.ini:

[Winbond W83627THF-A]

VT=6

V6=Asus P5N-E SLI

V6V1=$20*0.016 // CORE0

V6V2=255 // CORE1

V6V3=$21*0.016 // 3.3V

V6V4=$23*0.016*1.68 // 5V

V6V5=$24*0.016*4 // 12V

V6V6=255 // -12V

V6V7=255 // -5V

V6V8=$28*0.016 // VBAT

This combined with the sensors mentioned in my previous post seems to have sorted everything. I have attached a screenshot of my dashboard. Temps seem a little high for stock settings with stock fan (approx 53 deg Celsius for the cores idle). I'm still setting things up and haven't even looked at overclocking yet but looks like it might be worth taking off the heatsink and applying some Arctic Silver as I don't know what the shop did when they installed everything but I suspect they used the thermal pad that came with the processor.

Thanks for the help,

Opener