The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would that GPU1 would be closest to the processor.

May be good to check it by running only one card (non-SLI) and monitoring the temps.

I'm sure the temps are accurate, as I've swapped the cards around and the temps swapped, just don't know which one is which, lol... I guess I'll re-seat the block and see if it just didn't get a good application... bugger... I just got it back up and filled on the test bed.. now I gotta drain and play again... It just seems really weird that the older Koosah Block is cooling much better than the new one...

I'm not very familiar with MBM but in trying to set it up I ran into this issue.

When I setup a temp reading with any of the available sensors for the i get random readings. I have 9 available sensors to choose from. Only 3 of them give readings but they are completely random. like -62C, -1C, and -1C.

I was able to setup the temps for my vid card and dual core intel using the plugins from the first post. Im trying to get a CPU reading and Case reading though. If screenshots would help I can provide them.

• 2 weeks later...

i had a question, does anybody think its possible to mod the keypad of logitech diNovo, because bought this bluetooth keyboard and i saw that somebody was able to mod it to work with hte G11 keyboard.

heres a screenshot of how it keypad looks like. its pretty cool because you can see the music youre playing off it, and you can also access it with your phone and scroll thru the phonebook.

385.1.0.jpg

I know its probably been hashed over many times, but is there a fairly accurate way to "calibrate" the MBM core temps? I just found the Coretemp program, and its saying i have a loaded avg of 49 and 53 for cores 1 and 2 respectively. Is that more accurate than the 40degrees that MBM reports w/o any compensation?

Both Smartguardian and Speedfan also report around 40, unless they are off as well...

Also I've been trying to calibrate the voltages reported by MBM5, and any changes to the voltage custom.ini file dont change the reported values at all. Is there another trick to it besides tweaking the compensation value?

This is true, a fast I did come across several times looking for my answer. I'm wondering which of the two would be closer to the actual temp, and should be trusted when overclocking. For me its almost a 10deg difference, which is either a lot of headroom or I need to start looking at other options...

any thoughts? I'm going to try remounting the cpu heatsink to see if that helps the temp difference between cores, but still curious about the MBM temp adjustment. It needs a 10deg. compensation to match the avg from coretemp, assuming that coretemp is more accurate than MBM5 would be...