The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

I just got a ASRock 4Core-775 board with an e4300

I'm running DDR and AGP with a 7800 GS OC.

I'm trying to dive in and figure things out myself, but I have a couple of questions that are nagging me.

1: Can I monitor temp, core timing, and memory timing?

2: Can I move the location of gauges within the dashboard, to eliminate gaps?

Any help any one could provide would be great. Thanx!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanx, I couldn't see what those buttons did, lol.

Any way you could simplify the explination, or is it listed step by step some where, cuz it's really confusing from what I can decipher.

BTW: Really fast response, thanx

The instructions in this thread are really designed for the DFI NF2, NF3, and NF4 boards. (not your board)

The good news is that Alex Van Kaam and FreeCableGuy have done some work with MBM5 and a Core Temp Plug-in. Check out the info at The Tech Repository

http://www.thetechrepository.com/showthrea...&highlight=MBM5

I think it will get a you most of the information you seek.

(The nVidia plug-in will NOT work with the latest updates, The ATITool plug in may work however)

If you try and add the MBM5 Update 3 to a DFI NF4 board you will have issues as well (error reading older sensors).

Can't promise it will give you what you need but a better way to start then using the information I posted.

Everest (www.lavalys.com) is a great alternative.

UnKnownSource is correct about the padlock. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help guys. I'm upgrading from an AMD Athlon XP-M OC'd @ 2.5GHz. I've got my e4300 @ 2.6GHz right now, will test overnight for 24 hrs.

I'm loving this 4CoreDual-VSTA as it is letting me run my Mushkin pc3500 sticks up to DDR440, with 2-3-3-7-1! Way faster than my AN7 ever allowed, tops was DDR435, @ 3v.

I did get everything settled with MBM5 and the 7800 GS OC, except the ambient temps and the 2nd gpu core temp. No biggy though.

Here's a pic of my setup for now.

uploaddn3.png

Any other tricks or ideas, I'd appreciate them!

Greetings all!

I just bought the Sunbeam Theta TP-101 usb fan controller, but i don't really like the software. I like to see numbers on my systray, but this "guy" not really supports it. I tryed to add the sensors to MBM5's "custom", but i have no clue how to do it.

Now i searching for a plugin or any idea what can help me to see the sensors with MBM5.

I'm using this program almost from the beginning, and i really like it ;o))

I hope someone can help me. Thanks!

I have the same controller, and would also like to know of any way to integrate the sensors on the controller into MBM5.

Duyu: You can skin the SoftTheta program to your liking, but not sure how as I never got around to it... I set it and forgot about it, only used 1 temp sensor... Oh, and definitely update to the latest version of SoftTheta from sunbeams website, cleared a few bugs on my old rig...

I've tried the instructions.. put the dll into MB folder and the other 1 in the data. check for settings and still GPU 0 ..

got to MBM5 settings, on the temperatures tab, the top option should be MBM 5 Sensor... in the drop down, choose sensor 25, then set it to be displayed in the dashboard, also sensor 26... you should now see a new meter in the dashboard, with your GPU temp... sensor 21 is the GPU memory clock, 22 is GPU core clock, 23 and 24 are the second GPU temps and 25 and 26 are the primary GPU temps...

might be worth mentioning I had to disable the alarms on all the GPU sensors because it can't be set properly... no big deal, just disable it...

edit: also, did you enable the plugin by right-clicking the mbm5 system tray icon, choosing plugin--> NV Driver Temperature Monitoring --> Start Plugin

thanks yes I did all those steps before

but they never said to move the .dll to plugins folder and i tried and now i see the plugins > start plugn but still nothing still 0 look

untitledie7.jpg