The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to get a passive heatsink system going and using MBM5 to support build.

Its great thanks.

Few queries though.

MBM5370 with NF4 data file and _xhp_ 7.22 plugin.

Im running my Point of View 7800GT in Sli mode but on the bottom slot as I have a Heatsink on the chipset which fouls the card if in the top slot. I have a heatsink on the card with a 80mm side window case fan feeding it air.

Q. Im getting `0` as a reading for Sensors 23, 24 & 26. Sensor 25 appears to be the GPU core which idles at 45C. Yet Sensor 21 and 22 intermittantly run at 1000C & 275C. From the plugin am i picking up 21 & 22 from were the top card signals should be or something else? Is it calibration?

Q2. My idle figures for Sensor 25 `GPU Core` is approx 45 when the CPU is 25, PWMIC is 30 and chpiset is 38. If I load Trackmania nations GPU Core reaches 70 by the time the intro sequence has run? With my nvidia driver and the plugin can i put this down to possible conflict affecting the calibration or do I have to accept a poor cooling solution? I failed to test with std coolin pack :( to compare

tar

LP

Make sure sensors 23, 24, and 26 are set to "Custom" under MBM5 settings.

Make sure NV Plug-in is set to start.

70 degrees is very typical of what the peak temps hit. (Cards can cool off real fast).

Q. Im getting `0` as a reading for Sensors 23, 24 & 26. Sensor 25 appears to be the GPU core which idles at 45C. Yet Sensor 21 and 22 intermittantly run at 1000C & 275C. From the plugin am i picking up 21 & 22 from were the top card signals should be or something else? Is it calibration?

That would be your memory and core clocks...

Q2. My idle figures for Sensor 25 `GPU Core` is approx 45 when the CPU is 25, PWMIC is 30 and chpiset is 38. If I load Trackmania nations GPU Core reaches 70 by the time the intro sequence has run? With my nvidia driver and the plugin can i put this down to possible conflict affecting the calibration or do I have to accept a poor cooling solution? I failed to test with std coolin pack :( to compare

70C is pretty much normal under load, even my pour 6600gt can hit 75C without a problem :P

How come I can't see the "plugins" option when I right click on the system tray icon? I am running 5.3.7.0 and have the expert data set installed.

Thanks,

Mars.

my second card for quad sli should be here in a week or so ..

right now with mbm running and a single 7950 .. i can see the temps of both cores .. gpu1 and gpu2 and a single core and mem clock

reading just like it was detecting my old sli setup ..

i guess u need to add temp sensors for gpu 3 and gpu 4

there is always a difference cuz one of the gpus on the single card is sandwiched .. so its always liek 3-7c higher .. and then sometimes the outside gpu core is higher ..

if u check the nvidia control panel .. it shows just a single temp for the card

but since i had sli setup in mbm .. it shows the temps of both cores