The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

You can't add additional fans with the current MBM5.

DFI NF4 has 5 headers of which only the 3 Autochthon mentioned above are monitored.

You can also reconfigure the headers to whatever fan you feel is important by using a fan connector with an RPM output (yellow wire). Good idea to keep an eye on the CPU fan if you're on air. It's nice to be able to configure so many sensors easily.

Re-labeling sensors here http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...1&postcount=208 or front page. Also Check the 1st page for links to ncsa's control panel and dashboard setup. Try out On-Screen Display by using Cntrl+Alt+M, as _xhp_ pointed out, OSD is very easy to personalize as well.

I don't run any fans off the headers on my rigs. Figure any board you need to have 4 power sources is powere hungry enough all ready. I do monitor the RPMs. Good fan controllers are cheap and LCD models can add a lot of other kewl(ing) features.

I have a Matrix Orbital 421 with 4 Dallas One-Wire temp sensors that lets me check temps in a lot of different places. I import all the MBM5 readings to it and also run a "virtual desktop". uber l337 http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...740&postcount=2

WDraptorslcdc.jpg

lights, readouts, blast off :)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a evga 6600gt and i cant get the any of the gpu sensors to work. i tried copying the v7 plugin into plugins and then turning it on, but gpu and gpu env temps still read zero. ive also tried the rivatuner thing, but doesnt help. i followed the guide and im stuck... ive tried streching out the window and still no readings...

thanks guys.

Where do I get this v7 plugin?

well, me eyes are getting tired. i d/l'd the 7.2 all from the froiont page and followed safrouts guide but i'm not seeing it enabling the temp readings. i must've missed something. the taskbar icon when right clicked doesn't show any new setting to enable reading the driver.

i see the GPU and GPU ENV in the dashboard but can't get it to read.

are you supposed to start from scratch? i had the old config files already in, extracted the new to the plugins folder.

does it matter if i have the 7800 in the second slot?

The preset sensors in the standard config aren't valid for an Nvidia card. Check sysinfo in MBM you should see readings somewhere in the 21 to 26 sensor range. These will need to be enable and renamed in your dashboard/OSD.

Ok too many posts to read.

I have the plugins for the NV temps for MBM5 and RivaTurner but since there is no install guide, Im not sure if Ive installed them right. I cannot get MBM or Rivaturner to read out the temps.

Im using Foreware 77.72 driver, MBM 5370, and Riva 2.0

What Am I doing wrong?

Hopefully the 1st post on Page 1 of the thread will walk you right through it. check ncsa's guide for RivaTuner info....If you have any suggestions on how to make it easier after you set ev erything up let us know. Thanks :)

Hi,

Great work on this! I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer to. The CPU speed seems to change all the time when I reboot. Even if I right click the icon and update the cpu the speed is never the same. Here are a couple pics of the speeds. Right now it shows over 3GHz. I'm sure there's a solution but I just can't find it. Thanks in advance for the help.

Tony

Image one

image two

Do you have "Cool N Quiet" enabled? Or RM Clock. They can fool MBM5.

I keep looking at the Vcore of 1.07and I know something isn't correct.

Especially for 3GHz :)

MBM5 reads the MHz at startup and any further re-readings require you to use "Update CPU". I think some others with X2s have it runing correctly even though you are only reading one CPU

Check your BIOS settings to see if Cool'n'quiet enabled ...

EDIT: seems like I need to type faster ;)

Hi,

Great work on this! I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer to. The CPU speed seems to change all the time when I reboot. Even if I right click the icon and update the cpu the speed is never the same. Here are a couple pics of the speeds. Right now it shows over 3GHz. I'm sure there's a solution but I just can't find it. Thanks in advance for the help.

Tony

Image one

image two