The CM Stacker case and some mods !!

Hi Xavior

Thanks for your comments. About my drainport- I don't worry about corrosion though, down there, if it starts rusting I'll put in another one or just a plug. I bought 4. Besides the HydrX has a corrosion inhibitor. I hope thats not BS. And the Black Ice rad is a pretty good product. I don't even hear it. The 80mm Delta is the loudest thing in my case...believe it or not!

As for the warm coolant, it might be my imagination it just felt a bit warmer than when fans on. this room is pretty toasty tho (23). I'd like to buy one of those thermometers you can just aim at an object and get a reading. Infrared I think. it could be usefully cuz I don't always trust these temp reading programs.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since your DD drain port is touching the water in the loop, it might actually corrode after a while. The anodizing will not stay there permanently.

I agree with most else you said but I'm a bit dubious on this claim. What is this idea based on?

Anodizing on aluminum is actually electroplated onto it. It's essentially a battery in reverse (hence the ANODE part).

Second, even if the anodizing DOES come off, aluminum will not rust. No worries there.

hehe- I didn't think so. Im not concerned in the least. The KOOSAH GPU block looks neat. I might get it.This Stacker is not an ideal case for W/Cing either. but im sure some people could still make it work. The finish of this case is AMAZING. Best case I've ever owned. Heavy as hell too. The front door alone has more Aluminium in it than my old Ultra box all together. ;-)

Maybe I am a bit off topic but i have a quick question about the Stacker (move me if needed)

Do you think I would get any improvement in temps if I switch two of the lateral fans with the CM vertical crossflow fan?

I have chipset and VGA temps a bit too high.

I agree with most else you said but I'm a bit dubious on this claim. What is this idea based on?

Anodizing on aluminum is actually electroplated onto it. It's essentially a battery in reverse (hence the ANODE part).

Second, even if the anodizing DOES come off, aluminum will not rust. No worries there.

It will react with the copper in the loop. The aluminum turns black, breaks down and clogs up the loop.

I've heard very bad things about water wetter. I saw a test comparison on various additives, and WW actualy made the Al corrode. :eek:

You could get soem PCIce, Hydrix or other coolant additive meant for PC loops, or you could add 25% antifreeze.

I used waterwetter once and will never use it again.

It SINKS, ugly color and performanced 2-3 worse than my initial runs with just distilled water. But, I do use it in my car.

I perfer zerex and distilled.