hard drives & raid - benchmark and compare!

Angry_Games

If you install windows on an array there is no need to install it when u install chipset drivers and such.

If you dont install windows on an array then u need to install the sw ide drivers for windows to recognize your array.

If your not even installing an array you dont need the drivers as windows has default ide drivers built in.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where can we find atto, link is down, google didnt help me :(

and, how does this look?

2x 250 gig 7200.9 8mb cache samsung spinpoints in raid 0, on channels 3 and 4

good, bad, disapointing?

thats 64k stripe/windows def cluster.

i dont know what to think, as ims eeing 200 mb avg reads round here :(

oh and my memory is still only @ 200 on another divider now... :(

Do I have to use RAID to post my benchmarks here? My single-drive scores are terrible for my Raptor 150GB. I have a post today on the NF4 board, and no one responded. If I post to this thread, can anyone help me figure out if there's a way to increase my performance?

Do I have to use RAID to post my benchmarks here? My single-drive scores are terrible for my Raptor 150GB. I have a post today on the NF4 board, and no one responded. If I post to this thread, can anyone help me figure out if there's a way to increase my performance?

Sure post away! But those of us with RAID-0 will still point and laugh! lol

It will give others a look at the performance of the new Raptor.

OK, if you can stop laughing long enough :) , is there anything I can do to improve these scores? :confused: I'm not using the Nvidia IDE SW drivers; maybe they might be faster? I also could try a different cable or a different SATA port on the mobo. WD says this drive should have sustained read speeds of 84mb/s, and I'm getting about 74. I could exchange the drive to see if a replacement's better, but I'm out of my RMA window.

I wish I'd read this $**#&$ thread so I could have gone the RAID route!

raptor150atto9lv.jpg

raptor150hdtach3mo.jpg

OK, if you can stop laughing long enough :) , is there anything I can do to improve these scores? :confused: I'm not using the Nvidia IDE SW drivers; maybe they might be faster? I also could try a different cable or a different SATA port on the mobo. WD says this drive should have sustained read speeds of 84mb/s, and I'm getting about 74. I could exchange the drive to see if a replacement's better, but I'm out of my RMA window.

I wish I'd read this $**#&$ thread so I could have gone the RAID route!

Actually, those numbers look about right. You're only off the theoretical by about 10% so you should feel good about it.

It's the same with a RAID-0 array. You don't get exactly twice the performance because you have two drives.

Start saving your lunch money now so you can get the second drive by the time you need to do a clean install.

Guest Liquid

Hey everyone, I just did a ATTO benchmark a fair while after formatting with everything partitioned, formatted blah blah and am wondering whether these scores seem about right. The write speeds seem to be maxed out, is this normal? My stripe/cluster sizes are 32/8. Spread spectrum clocking is OFF and I have enabled sata 3.0 using feature tool.

Thanks everyone! :)