Lossing Access To Folding Forum.

General912

Hey i just notice that i lost access to that forum. Is it because i havent turned in WU for a while? Ive been having troubles with F@H whenever i reboot my computer the icon dosent appear in my taskbar. So i have to go into processes and end f@h but when i do that i have to start out fresh with a new wu. so it kinda sucks. crap im late for work!

I think you have to crank out 1 wu per week. Same as Seti I think.

***EDIT***

Here's the quote from Linux's post in the Folding Forum. I would've posted a link but if you don't have access to it you wouldn't be able to see it anyway:

I will begin removing inactive members from the folding group starting today. If no WU has been received from your username in the past two weeks, you will be removed until a WU has been received again. I'm also going to make a script that will automatically do this for me, as well as automatically add members to the folding group (in the forums) when they join our team.
Edited by RVE

Thats realy the only fair way to do it...

instead of using the graphical F@H Consol, why not just use the comand line version, it will probly complete a work unit faster for you, and you won't have to wory about the graphical versoin frigen up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Means your outside more and can keep your comp on while your gone...

That is true, but depending on where you live, whether or not you have A/C, ect. not everyone wants to leave there computer on 24/7! My room can get too hat on some days and i do have A/C!

Run the console version... I believe it runs faster (not sure about that) and if you are running XP/2000 then you can set it up as a service and then just forget about it......

Is the console version the same as the "text-only" version? And how do i set it up as a service?

Edited by Tyme_66