Hellfire's 6/19 Bios With 12/18 ROMSIP

Guest Hellfire_merged

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, fixed. I also realized that the link for the rev3 was wrong - eg. the bios was rev3 Hellfire, but for Ultra Infinity (my gigabite lan was gone, LOL :P ) Now it should be fixed and I presend my speed testings in few minutes. But yes, the latest seems to be notably slower, especialy in the memory tests by AIDA 32

( http://download.computer.msn.de/syndicatio...d_10236956.html )

Hellire bioses tested. Tests made on Lanparty B, made in China (ugh) with this standard settings: 200x13 1.800Vcore AXPM2600+ and 11-2-2-2-2-9-12-0-0-3-3-2-0-3-E-E-F-E settings for mem. All other settins was always and all the time same.

Tests consisting of memtest results (used latest 1.51 one - http://www.memtest.org ) and AIDA 32 ( http://download.computer.msn.de/syndicatio...d_10236956.html ) for the simple memory read/write test speed ;) (this one should be also more reliable and less fluctuating that for example popular Sisoft Sandra ;) and confirmed with TestCPU - a small czech guy proggy http://testcpu.webz.cz/ ;) )

Now what you all surely waiting for - the results :)

Hellfire rev.1

Memtest - 1454MB/sec

AIDA32 - read 3033 - 3042MB/sec - write 1222-1235MB/sec

Hellfire rev.2

Memtest - 1519MB/sec

AIDA32 - read 2902 - 2983MB/sec - write 1150-1185MB/sec

Hellfire rev.3

Memtest - 1519MB/sec

AIDA32 - read 3020 - 3046MB/sec - write 1223-1227MB/sec

Hellfire Turbo

Memtest - 1454MB/sec

AIDA32 - read 2664 - 2818MB/sec - write 1145-1212MB/sec

IMHO it clearly shows that the "Turbo" bios edition is the worsest (!) one, surprisingly. It fluctuated most with the results and it also show the worst performance.

The rev.2 show clear advantage in the memtest test over rev.1, however it failed to deliver the same performance increase in AIDA32 win test - in fact, it was slower that the rev.1 notably. Rev.3 got be best from all - good memtest slocer, like the rev.2, however it also show good score into the AIDA32 test, witch is the less fluctuating one and except the weird 1235MB/sec write peak of the rev.1, it beat all the other versions easily :)

Conclusion - SAE was right. Never dubt his experience again :nod:

SAE :angel:

Nice work, interesting results for YOUR setup. Coupla thoughts.

I think the reason most people use a Hellfire bios is in the hope of getting a few more FSB. about a 4% difference at 200fsb according to your tests. Wonder what the results would be at 250fsb? Can you squeak out any more FSB with any given bios? They were almost identical on my rig.

Since AIDA32 is no longer supported maybe try Everest Home (new owners of AIDA32 technology) at www.lavalys.com ? Think it is a lil more consistent in memory bandwidth tests than Sandra or AIda32.

Did you have the SATA enabled to get full benefits of "Turbo" bios?

Sure would like to see 8KA Rev#2 and the original C-18 compared as well. Hellfire was using 2x512 BH5 on the C-18.

Nice post though M8!

Try rev2 and rev3.

Rev3 is not only the best one for benching but also the most stable one at high clocks. I think I've proven that ;)

Rev2 was the bios for 512mb bh-x owners. Check this out first. If you are not satisfied with what you get... take rev3 :D

Hi there :-)

Guys, which BIOS you recommend if I have 1x 512 Hynix D43 stick?

I am currently using Hellfire Rev.3 and it seems to be very good! Before i was using TicTac 3DFire R2 but Hellfire's better!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some of you reading this will probably have seen some posts of mine

regarding my usb mouse and keyboard issues plus one or two other

little niggles im currently suffering from with my new LP NFII B!

I've been told by alot of people that these problems are probably and

more than likely bios related rather than anything serious so im looking

for a decent bios to see if it helps, ;).

Im not going to be overclocking too much because im only on a set of

some crucial memory at the moment, 2x512 pc3200 and it's not the best

choice for overclocking so i will only be running my mobile 2500+ @ around

the 2500mhz mark - 200x12.5 1.8 /1.875vcore at a push.

So as you can see overclocking isnt my priority at the moment i would just

rather get my pc stable and not keep loosing my mouse and keyboard all

the time, :cool: Anyone feeling like recomending me some info or a bios recomendation

would be great, :).