Hellfire's 6/19 Bios With 12/18 ROMSIP

Guest Hellfire_merged

Originally posted by elts_drac

Thank you both for the Zonealarm info. It's going to make my life a lot easier around here.

no problem. im just glad i stumbled upon your post before you went out and bought new lan cards! =D glad i could help, just imagine if you didnt say you were using zap 5...

knitoe

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:)

just imagine if you didnt say you were using zap 5...

Never truer words were spoken. We get posts all the time and the poster must be in the 'secret service' or something. They post a question with absolutely no background information and hope or guess that we are all mindreaders, I suppose.

I had heard about ZoneAlarm 5.0 from a buddy of mine who said 'avoid' it like the plague as it ruined LAN communitcations for him. But it never clicked with me for elts_drac, because I never saw the thing act up. Stayed clear of it as I was advised to do. The sad part is that most of 'help' comes experientially and that means we had to be there first. Hehehehehe. With ZA5.0>I was lucky enough not to go there. Hehehehe. I am glad, knitoe, that you do fully read the threads and posts and thank you for helping ole E_D out of a jam. Many thanks.

Sincerely, RGone...1ster>:D

Originally posted by Hellfire

Here is what everyone has been waiting for:

The mods on the Infinity bios are:

- 1-21 Infinity Beta Bios Tables

- L12 mod built-in (Not sure if this will help any on our DFI boards)

- Cpu Interface Optimised

- Included option to change CPU Warning Tempurature

- Included option to change Shutdown Temperature

- Changed SATA bios from 5.0.35 to 5.0.39

- Cured some warm boots, (if you experience one please allow from 6-9 seconds for code to do its job :))

Bioses are running fine!!!

Yahhh...

1/21 is the best for my Infinity.

Good work, Hellfire, no sound drops, no lan drops, no cold boot e my Mobile is a Mobile now:-))

Thankssss

9/16 official=cold boot.

Im so saddened.

I have the BH6 (cook 1 yr+) visiting again.....and at 240x10 all the same settings, etc... NO sound drop.

But my BH5 even at 230x10 does sound drop.

So so sad. The BH6 also does 230Mhz x10 CPC on... while the BH5 wont do past 200Mhz CPC on.... So sad.

On a good note.... 230x10 CPC off/on dont make much of a difference in play/benches, etc. a bit of a drop 3Dmark for CPC off but actually offset+ by the 10Mhz increase to 240Mhz.

So it makes me think thier is a diffence in the PCboard of the Kingston DIMM vs the Corsair..... it cant be the burnin affecting things THAT much? can it?

Im still looking forward to the "sound/lan" fix for testing, but looks like my APU-BH5 are not getting along as well as I would like them to :nod:

Just a subtle timing variation in something we arent tweaking that the veteran memory has over the rookie.

Interesting peice of imformation though, thought I'd share it with you.

Originally posted by uwackme

Im so saddened.

I have the BH6 (cook 1 yr+) visiting again.....and at 240x10 all the same settings, etc... NO sound drop.

But my BH5 even at 230x10 does sound drop.

So so sad. The BH6 also does 230Mhz x10 CPC on... while the BH5 wont do past 200Mhz CPC on.... So sad.

On a good note.... 230x10 CPC off/on dont make much of a difference in play/benches, etc. a bit of a drop 3Dmark for CPC off but actually offset+ by the 10Mhz increase to 240Mhz.

So it makes me think thier is a diffence in the PCboard of the Kingston DIMM vs the Corsair..... it cant be the burnin affecting things THAT much? can it?

Im still looking forward to the "sound/lan" fix for testing, but looks like my APU-BH5 are not getting along as well as I would like them to :nod:

Just a subtle timing variation in something we arent tweaking that the veteran memory has over the rookie.

Interesting peice of imformation though, thought I'd share it with you.

The BH-5 you're speaking of, is that KHX3000?

Originally posted by RGone

:)

I am glad, knitoe, that you do fully read the threads and posts and thank you for helping ole E_D out of a jam. Many thanks.

np brah... i kinda fell off the forums in the whole pcper -> dfi-street move, but with the announcement of the recent (or not so recent..) official bios i started browsing again, and that's wat landed me into this thread... btw goodwork hellfire! =)

knitoe

man im starting to have a nervous breakdown here....

Hellfire dude give me your bios, please

:sad:

on a side note can someone please xplain....

"Avatars are small graphical images that you may choose in your profile. They are displayed below your username on all posts that you make. You can select the image that best describes yourself from your profile options.

Here's the list of currently available avatars:

If you have more than 10000000000 posts, you may also specify your own custom avatar"

How come some peeps have got avatars with > 10000000000 posts

:confused:

Originally posted by mongoled

man im starting to have a nervous breakdown here....

Hellfire dude give me your bios, please

:sad:

on a side note can someone please xplain....

"Avatars are small graphical images that you may choose in your profile. They are displayed below your username on all posts that you make. You can select the image that best describes yourself from your profile options.

Here's the list of currently available avatars:

If you have more than 10000000000 posts, you may also specify your own custom avatar"

How come some peeps have got avatars with > 10000000000 posts

:confused:

Hmm. This bios revision gives me sound dropouts again, though I did my fix. Back to Adv's 5-521T6 :(

Gunna try if it's still there (sound dropping).

@mong

Avatars are given to special persons by Angry for special services ;) LOL

Currently running the 6/19 with 1/21 romsip......

I had to scale my overclock back down to 248 fsb. However, I have recieved no serious lan dropouts (I had a near scare at the beginning of the day). Also, the new SATA bios has increased not only my Sandra score but my hd access feels smoother, too. I ran some benchmarks in HD Tach 3.0 and everything looked good as well. I tried to find ATTO but I had no luck (if someone would post me a good link I'll gladly give it a shot).

All in all I think everything is going well. I noticed a couple of quirks here and there with the 6/19 12/18 bios. For example, I was able to run 3dmark stable at 250 for the first time, then after I loaded some new remix'd nforce drivers I was unable to keep the fsb 3d stable. I even scaled back to 248 and my computer even rebooted. I wasn't sure if this was due to the fact that I did not wait forever in resetting the CMOS (roughly 10 minutes or so) so I instead chose to flash the more feature rich 1/21 romsip bios and left my computer in CMOS reset mode for roughly 20 mintues.

Currently I have yet to recieve a warm or cold boot (my board was never terribly prone to this) but I do typically leave my comp running during the day but I have tested and everything has gone smoothly. In terms of the L12 mod, I have not tried to reach a higher stable multiplier (currently running 10x248 @ 1.85 volts) but I will definitely give this a shot when I finish my work and downloads.

deception``

Guest Hellfire

Hey Tictac, do you think you can help me?

I figured that the award bios does not take into account isa roms any more, so therefore I wasn't able to apply the patch, can I just inject the code before the epa procedure just like what you did to turn cpc off on the nf7? When I tried it, it booted correctly but the register in WPCREDIT still has not changed. Can you take a look at the code for me?

latency.jpg

*Edit*

Since the injected code is not changing the register when checked in WPCREDIT, do you guys think it might be set by the bios after the EPA Procedure? This is probably the most logical conclusion with would mean I would have to call up the inject thread elsewhere.

Anyone have an idea where else I can call up the code after the EPA procedure?