The please explain your HANDLE thread.

elts_drac

Like a few others - car related; FordMotorCompany - used to use FmC back on the older machines, but now you gotta have more characters in it, so i added the boss bit, as i have a 'boss' type motor in my car.

...& i thought i had CPDMF's handle figured untill i read this thread;

Chevy

Pontiac

Dodge

Mopar

Ford

...but it ain't so ! :)

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest r3d c0m3t

Mine originates from MS Gundam. This name derives from the ace pilot handle of one Char Aznable (Casval Deikum).

whne i was in high school, my friend and I began to play cs beta 7, we want to be cool in the new games and tried to find us cool nick.

one of my friend went for EbStormy, whe wanted to have the same Eb at the beginign to make it like if it was a "clan" and one night while we where all drunk playing cs my friend type me a name and that where EbdoradZ was born

• 4 months later...

About 10 years ago (or so) I was writing scripts to log in under anyones name in a chat room and have different color text and all sorts... anyway, when I posted the scripts and eventually made an automated login for the whole process I needed a "mysterious" sounding name to host it as... (that in no way resembled my own login name :-) Don't laugh I was only 13 or 14 years old...

I've been using the e-mail address and name since then... shoot, I think I set the e-mail address up before Hotmail was owned by Microsoft, lol

I entered my Initials & they were taken

I entered a few other user names I have used in the past & they were also taken.

I then got mad & typed in Chump thinking to my self nobody would be stupid enough to call themselves a chump right !!!

I have a small amount of caution and circumspect about myself (others say paranoid) so in my first forays into the dangerous digital wonderland we call the internet I wanted to maintain some anonymity. I have a modicum of individuality so I choose a phonetic version of pseudonym. I don't have enough creativity so the actual source of this nickname is from the "WhyDontYou" kids programme from way back. Nicely understated I think and thankfully no one has assumed "I am a Lady".

Sooo... - who's got the coolest nic?

ghost because well when i first playd counter strike ( 1.3) it not only took me only half a day to learn how to play but i learn to play so good that people started calling me a ghost in arabic.

reepor because i just saw d00m the movie (the doom guy is called reeper ).

i then started to make the name a little 1337