Official CASE pic thread! 56k BEWARE!!

Heh not in my particular case. I fiddle with the inners of my case a heck of a lot, constantly upgrading and trying out new things constantly striving for that perfect setup. The difference being that I have a toolbox with neat compartments so I can find the right tool or screw or whatever accessory swiftly and get on with the job at hand as fast as possible. I always clean up after myself however and put things back where they were right away. Not only do I prefer the guts of my case to be clean and well planned out but also the workspace around my box so that I can enjoy my rig more thoroughly :cool: .
i agree about having things looking nice and sorted, but the situation i find myself in presesntly is: i had my new DFI NF3 die on me, which killed my X800xt-pe and the day before that, my water pump died. so i tore my machine apart getting the water cooling out, then the mobo and vid card out, and left it like that expecting to have my PMA go through newegg and have it back in about a week. Well, newegg went out of stock on the mobo and i ended up having to search for about two weeks with calling every place i saw the board for sale till i found a place that actually had them in stock instead of those nasty NF3-250AL's(DFI stopped production of my DFI NF3-250 LP-UT mobo). so then ASUS ended up taking 3 weeks to get my video card back to me which pissed me off b/c everyone was telling me ASUS is quick about that, and i had already sold that (when i got it back) so i bought a 7800gs. i ran the 7800gs in the NF2/barton system running on air that replaced my NF3 water cooled setup for the time being. then my 7800gs had issues as it would drop my system to a blank screen everytime i tried to run anything 3D. so i had to RMA THAT too, geez! so i was left with a torn apart system, fed up to my ears with these hardware companies, no new hardware returns yet, and bored out my skull. so i grabbed all my old parts i had in my cabinets and started tinkinering around and the next thing i know i've built three computers out of the parts.

so, i thought at this point, some of my parts are coming in and i have to rip everything apart out of my main system, so i left it all like it was thinking i'd get things taken care of in a few days. but then Asetek took their good ole time (a month) to send me replacement parts for my water pump.

so now, i've got my RMA'd NF3 LP-UT mobo (i bought 2), my RMA'd 7800gs running in my case, but on air. i just got my RMA'd pump parts the friday b4 easter and now i have the water cooling system all put together and i've ran it for two days leak testing and testing that pump for failure. what i need to do now is: take out my NF3 system to take the air cooler off, then set things up outside of any case and test my 2nd (back up) NF3 LP-UT, then take that apart and then test my skt754 Newark cpu in an Epox NF4-SLI skt754 that i won at another forums give away to see if the mobo will run my Mobile chip b/c Epox says they don't support Mobiles. then take that all apart and while installing my NF3 LP-UT back into my case, also install the preassembled water cooling system. then route everything correctly and tidy everthing up in the case.

thats why i haven't cleaned anything up. i've been waiting for all this work to get done. it's only been compounded by long RMA times and my utter frustration over all my NEW hardware taking a crap on me. it's been a long frustrating path with all this . happening but i'm nearing the end and i'll be back to neat and clean again soon enough.

Then i'll post a picture of the work i like to do with respect to my computer systems.

here's some of my work......

inside1.jpg

<<< Here it is Lit Up Blue >>>

my work place when all the guts are actually in cases, lol

puter_workbench.jpg

<<< My Water Cooling setup with NF3/Newark and x800xt-pe BEFORE it all crapped out on me >>>

lol, i had to put together my second computer desk for all of them! :sweat:

TGM

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came across a good deal on a NF3 Ultra D. I always liked the idea of 939 socket dual channel and AGP video, there still some pretty nice agp video cards out there.

The only thing I'm going to say about the DFI NF3 Ultra D motherboard is I wish Oskar had designed this board.

CaseCheiftec Matrix tower , it's been around the house for a long time and has had 4 or 5 different setups in it. It's been mooded for water cooling, phase cooling and it's modded for 120mm fans intake and exhaust.

DFI NF3 Ultra D Motherboard

AMD 3500+Clawhammer2763MHz. on water_2550MHz. on air

Memory2x512 OCZ PC3200 EL Plat. Rev2

Video card PNY6800 ULTRA agp (still a awesome video card)

Hard Dive Seagate 200Gig. SATA II

Peripherals LITEON 16X Super Allwrite, Mad Dog MegaSTOR Combo burner

Floppy drive

Matrix Orbital MX610 with dallas thermal sensors

Enermax 6 channel fan controller

COOLING Thermalright XP-90 with 90mm TT blue led

Zalman VF700-CU LED VGA cooler (not installed yet)

Panaflo 92mm L1B (intake front side pannel mod)

120mm TT Thunderblade blue led, (exhaut top of case mod)

120mm Panaflo M1A (front intake mod)

80mm rear case fan exhaut

RD1 Bios Savior

UV yellow cable sleeving

PSUSunbeam NUUO SUNNU550-US-BK ATX12V/ EPS12V 550W SLI_ with fan controller.

About 75% of the componets are 2nd hand or I trade for

them. So this was a pretty good setup cost wise

parts5nc.jpg

6800ultra9ia.jpg

Before new build

before2ka.jpg

buildfrontpannel8oj.jpg

New Setup

build12qw.jpg

build28km.jpg

frontpannel8qr.jpg

frontpannel16fw.jpg

Finished

finishedside5bf.jpg

finishedside16wd.jpg

thisone6va.jpg

finishedlites15sf.jpg

Well other then some more cable managment UGH. It's done. I built this rig because I needed a good home rig that could do it all video stuff, music and gaming. My regular NF4 SLIDR||165 DC Opteron has become my traveling rig . I work out of town alot and it goes everywhere I go.

Did'nt want to ignore her

traveler2eb.jpg

I needed a computer for at home. I take my NF4SLIDR &Opteron rig with me when I work out of town. So I put this togather

NF3 Ultra D, 3500+ Clawhammer, 6800 Ultra 2x512 OCZ pc3200 PLAT Rev 2

nf3ultrad4tt.jpg

Heres a case I worked on, left in the rain, hit with a hammer, and left in a basement for a month. Its crappy but I made it by hand (no power tools) and from a hp pasario case.

bd8e6596.jpg

d93eb4dd.jpg

83aea284.jpg

3a917002.jpg

e603b66b.jpg

88c5c1d8.jpg

7d47b601.jpg

9df4fb2d.jpg

660618c8.jpg

a2932b30.jpg

The dvd drive does work

Like it more than a fancy one, good job

Looks like some sharp edges on that one.

This is more like Arnold's PC than Paris Hilton's. You gotta be a man when handling that badboy, JK LOL

I cut my self soo many times while making it on those sharp edges. Its all steel and a bit** to cut with tin snipps (as seen in the pic).

as for the materials its all scrap.

the case is from a crapped out pavilion

the dvd drive used to write but dosent anymore and is from a hp media center pc

the grills were from chicken wire i found in my back yard

the front fan is off a broken psu

The caution tape if from construction that we had done on our driveway

and all the paint is from half used tubes of acrylic.