Official CASE pic thread! 56k BEWARE!!

Yeah you sure do have to be a man to hold that one. Good thing there is a Caution tape on there to scare away kids and old people. JK

On Topic. I like how you used scraps and stuff to make, looks Industrial strength.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I beat it with a hammer when I am bord and it dosent even dent it. lol
dayam Evil, you really got some artistic skillz..... you took a pos thing you found in your backyard, lol, and made it into something that looks pretty c00l. may not be for the average user but you made it and it looks really 5w33t. great job. :)

TGM

p.s. i just went out and bought my ., lol.

Well after some advice from a friendly moderator (hi soundx98 :)) I am posting details of my rig in here for all to see ..

Current detalis are in my sig with a link to pics and you can even vote for it if you feel inclined ;)

I just got a Venus MOBO 2 days ago .. Have not put it in my rig yet but will be this weekend, just waiting on an MCW30, 2 VL Systems Zephyrus Fan controllers, VL Systems L.I.S 2 Premium VFD, 2Gb of OCZ DDR500 and a Matrix Orbital LCD to arrive, hopefully today!!!

I also ordered a SystemXtreme Ram and MOSFET cooling setup but it will be a few weeks before it arrives. I had some mips-computer chillers (RAM, MOSFET and Chipset) which I was going to install on the non Expert board but not going down that path now ;)

It was a bit of a splurge around 6 months ago and I wanted to build something that was going to be cool and fast but also practical. Installing the Radiators into the side of the case was a real PITA as the Tai Chi case is cast aly and finned ... fiddly job with a hacksaw and dremel :) The pics of the rig on the workbench are a little old as the 750W Meanwell PSU is no longer strapped to the top. It was originally there to run the 226W Pelt and the 7x30W 220CFM Deltas :eek: eek!!! :D I'll update the pics after the w/e when I put the Venus and other bits in.

I scrapped the Deltas because they were just too noisy and 7 of them was nuts (sounded like a vacuum cleaner) even with the custom PWM MOSFET Controllers I built to manage their speed manually at their lowest sustainable RPM they were still too noisy. They did push a crapload of air tho :D

Have 110CFM 7.5W Panaflows in there now so I was able to swap the Meanwell 750W with the 320W PSU in the Switech kit which fit inside the case ;) This coupled with the new FC's things should run sweet and far less noisily. The DDOC5 is ok but I don't like the on off switching for the fans .. I Prefer PWM control ;)

I have to be careful .. I almost bought a couple of 7900GTX's and a PhysX card for it .. I think I have a problem :drool:

STOP PRESS!! My parts just arrived !!! so upgrade this weekend .. w00t!!!