Toaster Sigs (NF2/AthlonXP ONLY!)

SLK-947U w/Enermax 92mm adjustable @ 2500RPM = 32°C (P4 3.4ES)

the A64 might be rated cooler, but its definitely NOT cooler (as witnessed by me and the A64-3400+ that is running in my rig with an SLK-948U + Enermax 92mm @ 43°C

A64 has more surface area than any of the cpu's but is still a bit of a hot runner. Not like the Prescrap tho.

but like I keep telling everyone, when they ramp the Prescott up to 4Ghz and higher, it will be one ₪₪₪₪ of a cpu (and by then they will hopefully have killed the heat a bit...look at the original Tbird AMD and Palomino AMD cpus vs their latest offerings)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Angry_Games

₪₪₪₪ of a cpu (and by then they will hopefully have killed the heat a bit...look at the original Tbird AMD and Palomino AMD cpus vs their latest offerings)

But also look at their die size:

180nm- pally/tbird avg wattage at 1.3ghz: 75W

130nm: 3200+ is 89W and more than 2x the speed

Preshott no longer has a die shrink available as an option. Unless they get some miracle, I see heat as a constant problem for that CPU.

I still think they should get an oven =P

Guest pastryrocks
Originally posted by king of nothing

You could be the first. :D

I don’t have a snowballs chance in ₪₪₪₪ of running Prime95 at 250FSB for 8 hours! Not even in my wildest dreams!!

one tiny little error - cpu should be 2631 ;)

But it looks great! I will throw it in my sig as soon as I get back from AT (leaving tommorrow back in 2 weeks)

Originally posted by FDM

one tiny little error - cpu should be 2631 ;)

Okay. Let me toss this out to everyone.

I've debated what number to use as cpu speed. It was never an issue with the original toaster sig because every one just said +250FSB and +2500MHz. But now that I'm trying to make them more personalized, I'm using the specs you had when you took your screenie. But then I have to decide which specs to go by --- what CPU-Z says in your screenie or by what you obviously had set in your BIOS.

Let's look at FDM here as an example.

His screenie has CPU-Z reading:

250.6 FSB

10.5 Multiplier

2631 MHZ

His sig and I'm assuming his BIOS says

"XP-M 2600+ 250x10.5 1.925v"

which comes out to 2625 MHz

and the info he sent me to put in the text of his sig says

"Mobile 2600+ 2630Mhz"

So the question is, which do I use?

So far I've been going by the BIOS and using my calculator. Mostly because some of the sigs have stuff like "10x250=2500 MHz" and it bugs me when I see things like "10x250=2505". I should probably see a therapist or something..... but I like for my math to add up.

Anyway...... what's your opinion?

I've changed a few sigs as I've made them and if I need to get over my 'incorrect math' phobia and change them back.... I'll be happy to do so. ;)

i go by what cpu-z or the actual bios mhz speed shows, not by flat calculation.

ive done this ever since my Asus A7V which never ran at 100FSB, it always ran at a true 101.7FSB but showed 100FSB...this is how mobo makers edge out others in competition...let it pump just a lil bit more into it (like a stealth overclock!).

I get weird readings off certain boards that do this too. Up to you since you are the sig maker, but when I tell ppl to contact you, i always tell them PM KING OF NOTHING AND TELL HIM WHAT YOU WANT IN YOUR SIG

this means that the person wanting the sig is responsible for telling you what he wants his/her sig to show.