Toaster Sigs (NF2/AthlonXP ONLY!)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by FDM

hahaha im retarded. I stoped it at 7hrs 48min, thought it had been over 8hrs already. Oh well, ill let it prime tonight.

edit - here it is if anyone cared :(http://www.finaldrivemagazine.com/gallery/...s/10002/doh.jpg

dude,

If u open Windows Task Manager and then click on View>Select Columns>CPU Time you can get the time for how long the app has been running. Its not 100% accurate unfortunately but if u give it 10 mins xtra in Windows Task Manger u will be past 8 hrs.

As for me last night 240x11.5 (2760mhz) failed at 7hrs 51 mins!! Gonna just use the computer at this setting for the next few days then try again another time, hopefully this will be my new 24/7 setting.

:)

mong

Originally posted by FDM

OK, 8hrs this time.

http://www.finaldrivemagazine.com/gallery/...002/toasted.JPG

The 2k1 score is crummy but can't expect too much out of a 9600.

Great... someone's using fast timings :D

Did not see many peeps here with these timings for a toaster (except me)... cpc is off??? That's the only downside... :(

And the score is not that bad for a 9600. :)

SAE -

CPC is on, everything is on that can be on... and then the strengths are on auto. Timings don't seem to matter to this 222Special, I can loosen to 2-3-3-11 2.5-3-3-11 etc and I can't get any higher of a FSB.

BTW, from the bios thread on Xtreme, which romsip did you end up going with? I am STILL getting LAN drop... plz PM me so we don't highjack :)

Andy

Originally posted by SAE

Great... someone's using fast timings :D

Did not see many peeps here with these timings for a toaster (except me)... cpc is off??? That's the only downside... :(

And the score is not that bad for a 9600. :)

Hey SAE dont count me with them

;)

2.5-2-2-2-11, CPC on , all the way, only way to go, compromise is not an option

:D

240x11.5 = 2760mhz

2x256MB (BH5)

1x512MB (CH5)

Dats a gig of mem @ 3.3 Vdimm, just wish the Ch5 stick would scale better with volts, hopefully ill be able to burn her in :angel:

Warm water, fans @ 5V (with nthbrd AND overclocked 9800 in loop!)

From my understanding, looking arnd, 240mhz by itself with mixed mem modules is no mean feat (have to blow my own trumpet here ;)).

Have not come across any peeps yet running the settings im pushing on this HO!

This is a CLOSED case, very quiet AND 24/7 use

:) :)

mong

Originally posted by mongoled

Hey SAE dont count me with them

;)

2.5-2-2-2-11, CPC on , all the way, only way to go, compromise is not an option

:D

240x11.5 = 2760mhz

2x256MB (BH5)

1x512MB (CH5)

Dats a gig of mem @ 3.3 Vdimm, just wish the Ch5 stick would scale better with volts, hopefully ill be able to burn her in :angel:

Warm water, fans @ 5V (with nthbrd AND overclocked 9800 in loop!)

From my understanding, looking arnd, 240mhz by itself with mixed mem modules is no mean feat (have to blow my own trumpet here ;)).

Have not come across any peeps yet running the settings im pushing on this HO!

This is a CLOSED case, very quiet AND 24/7 use

:) :)

mong

Okay mong... but where's your toaster? ;)

I don't count ya with them :D I fully appreciate your well-done job there *thumbsup* hehe

bypolar, exeter_acres, FDM, please PM king of nothing and tell him what you want in your sigs

t_ski: as I said, it wasn't directed at you.

LanParty "A" boards qualify as they are DFI boards. ANY DFI board qualifies.

Intel boards qualify also (DFI)...but its almost cheating as they are just superior when it comes to overclocking...but I think we can figure something out ;) Let me bug my lil bro (he's still hard at work for Epic Games in NC) and see what he can do for me ;)

Maybe a furnace or oven would suit an intel better? :nod:

no...Intel P4's run cooler than any AMD cpu (this is of course, discounting the Prescott, which is a giant piece of crap in my opinion).

every Northwood P4 I have is a better, cooler, faster cpu than the AMD counterpart.

the A64 tho is pretty awesome...gonna have to come up with a new one for that chip/board combo too...

oops dippy...I accidentally hit edit instead of quote on your post!!! I apologize!!!!

Originally posted by dippyskoodlez

no...Intel P4's run cooler than any AMD cpu (this is of course, discounting the Prescott, which is a giant piece of crap in my opinion).

every Northwood P4 I have is a better, cooler, faster cpu than the AMD counterpart.

the A64 tho is pretty awesome...gonna have to come up with a new one for that chip/board combo too...

oops dippy...I accidentally hit edit instead of quote on your post!!! I apologize!!!!

Actually, comparing cooler to cooler is meaningless, unless they are almost the same setup. Using different coolers alone voids all temperatures. the AXP with an equvilant P4 puts out less W overall, so they run cooler. But using a different cooler will give you different results, letalone when comparing 2 people's temps, theres room temp and humidity to deal with.

Either way, AXP's and A64's are rated MUCH cooler than P4's. P4's have more surface area, and different heatsinks.

If you have an SLK-947U and a tornado on a P4, I'll be glad to compare temps with ya.. Im sitting here at 1.85Vcore, 2.4ghz and 30C. Thats cooler than most preshotts on water :shake: