Suggestions For A Good Stable Psu For Overclocking?

Think I am finally going to spring for new Power Supply, any suggestions for the system in my sig?

First, you'll have to go through and count the power plugs on your Rom Drives and Hard Drives and the types they are, SATA or Molex, and then look to see if your Video Card requires 1 or 2 PCI Express plugs. Also see if your Motherboard needs a 4 or 8 pin power as well as if it's a 20 or 24 pin main plug. From there, you can look into options. Also take into consideration the amout of 12V rails that power supply has and the type of self cooling it has. Some are 1 rail, some are 2,3 and 4. As with any piece of hardware on a PC, when you go cheap, you'll get exactly that. Another aspect is if you'll be needing SLI or Crossfire support. Also, depending on the room in your case, you may want to look into a Modular Power Supply, so you only have to plug in the wires you'll need and not have XX amount of unused wires laying around.

When I looked into power supplies for my Antec 900, I had it narrowed down to 3, and then went with the brand name I've had the best luck with, Thermaltake.

Thermaltake W0106RU 700W

I was recently looking into new parts for a build I'm doing for a friend and some new power supplies I've looked into are:

Antec NeoPower 650 650W

XCLIO GREATPOWER X14S4P4 650W

XCLIO GREATPOWER X14S4P4 700W

There are many more depending on the options you need as well as what you're looking for for Voltage. The ones I listed are all in the 600-700 watt range because that was all I needed and I'm running 2 SATA Rom Drives, 3 SATA Hard Drives and a 8800GTX which needed 2 PCI Express plugs.

Hope that gives you a start. You may need more power, so narrow down your search by clicking on the left side of the options screen and find the range you need:

NewEgg Power Supplies

What kind of budget are we looking at and do you have any additional requirements (would you like to be modular or particularly quiet for example)?

Will you be planning to keep this PSU for future systems, and if so what kind of components might you be looking to power?

That should really help narrow down what is currently a wide range of options. :)

I fancy corsair's power supplies, truly and honestly one of the most reliable line out there, amazing quality, good for single card, dual card, overclocking, stock ect....

I usually recommend the Corsair TX750, Corsair TX650W, and the Corsair VX550W. All great for their price.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....amp;x=0&y=0

I fancy corsair's power supplies, truly and honestly one of the most reliable line out there, amazing quality, good for single card, dual card, overclocking, stock ect....

I usually recommend the Corsair TX750, Corsair TX650W, and the Corsair VX550W. All great for their price.

I'm with Damian - I have a TX650W and a VX450W, very impressed with both and if you want a quiet PSU, Corsair are among the best. They all have a 5 year warranty, which for me made the choice easy. PC Power & Cooling also come highly recommended, I went with the Corsair due to it's quietness and availability.

Edited by Great Gig