2 X 2gb Kit?

Personally, I like the 4GB (1GBx4) kits, because the 1gb sticks stay cooler when overclocking. I found a great 4gb kit on newegg for $100, G. Skill with red heatsinks. Also, if you are running a 32 bit system, the 1gb sticks are your friends ^_^ because while your OS can only "utilize" 3.5gb at most, the rest of the RAM is used for drivers, & as a nice buffer zone. if you're using the 1gb sticks, it will pull 128 off of each stick, whereas if you're using the 2gb sticks, it will pull 256 off of each.

According to the DDR2 Ram List the Reapers and Redlines are supposed to be Micron D9. I also have the redlines and run them at 1111MHz @ 2.1V 5-5-5-12 and they are very stable.

the newest Redlines are based on Powerchips. I cant remember if I read that over @ Mushkin forums or XS - probably both :)

Anyone know if some site selling this G.Skill stuff ships to canada? Haven't found them anywhere up here :(

Probably gonna go with Mushkin Redline or some of that Pariot stuff myself (2x 2gb)

Anyone know if some site selling this G.Skill stuff ships to canada? Haven't found them anywhere up here :(

Probably gonna go with Mushkin Redline or some of that Pariot stuff myself (2x 2gb)

Go with mushkin. Unfortunately, GSkill would cost about $20 in shipping, & take 2 weeks to hit you. Mushkin was always my close second.

the newest Redlines are based on Powerchips. I cant remember if I read that over @ Mushkin forums or XS - probably both :)

They couldn't be D9's because they do not scale with voltage over 2.1 volts. I'm not sure they are powerchips either though. But Mine are rock stable at 900 MHz 5-4-4-12 @ 2.1v.

They couldn't be D9's because they do not scale with voltage over 2.1 volts. I'm not sure they are powerchips either though. But Mine are rock stable at 900 MHz 5-4-4-12 @ 2.1v.

I wouldn't be to sure about Powerchip either, because they're rubbish for OCing! I guess they're running the new ProMOS, which are the second best OCers compared to Micron D9s :)