Forum Wars 2008 Info Thread

neddamttocs

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

where do you get geekbench? also when does this thing start man? I can't wait to whoop the crap out of the other forums! OCC represent! I'm definately participating I don't care of I have to call in to work, I'm goin to help OCC win it this year! I'm hoping someone with with similar hardware to mine is against us that way I can ninja him! :ph34r:

where do you get geekbench? also when does this thing start man? I can't wait to whoop the crap out of the other forums! OCC represent! I'm definately participating I don't care of I have to call in to work, I'm goin to help OCC win it this year! I'm hoping someone with with similar hardware to mine is against us that way I can ninja him! :ph34r:

Check TRP http://www.theraptorpit.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1583

I to feel as RR does. I worked my fanny off last time only to have maybe half the people said they would be able to War show up and post scores. Also I have the same PCs so scores most likely be lower now that they have aged and ran OC for about 8 months.

Doing this War sounds fun and it is IF you dont mind reseting the CMOS now and then, or even worse frying something. If you dont really plan to put blood, sweet and tears into trying to OC I wouldnt bother signing up.

Just my 2 cents.

my geekbench score = 3269 is that good? I don't really have an overclock to speak of, I'm givin her a rest till forum wars :) I'm going to put everything I got into this, like I said I'm going to represent OCC. Again when does forum wars start?

my geekbench score = 3269 is that good? I don't really have an overclock to speak of, I'm givin her a rest till forum wars :) I'm going to put everything I got into this, like I said I'm going to represent OCC. Again when does forum wars start?

I do not know if it is good or not, I have never run it until today. I got 6,5xx I cant remember what it was exactly, and the rules are at the start of this thread...

I do not know if it is good or not, I have never run it until today. I got 6,5xx I cant remember what it was exactly, and the rules are at the start of this thread...

ok sweet! Um I have been trying to run 3dmark03 and it will go through the first four tests but when it get's to the fifth it will load and then say "3dmark03 stopped early screen out of focus"? does anyone know why this would happen??? my resolution on my monitor is set to the sam resolution as the normal 3dmark settings, any help would be great! without this I cannot run for forum wars :(

Well I'm in guys, got my GTS on the way as well as some more fans for my tuniq and to replaced the slow stock cosmos fans. Never done this kinda thing before but I'm praying for a stable 4.1 so I can get some real 3dmark numbers out of my rig after I get my new card installed. I'm really interested to see how these quad cores do against the dual core. R/R you planning on taking your Q6600 to 4.0 again? I may have to bring my rig to your house so we can war together..lol

Well I'm in guys, got my GTS on the way as well as some more fans for my tuniq and to replaced the slow stock cosmos fans. Never done this kinda thing before but I'm praying for a stable 4.1 so I can get some real 3dmark numbers out of my rig after I get my new card installed. I'm really interested to see how these quad cores do against the dual core. R/R you planning on taking your Q6600 to 4.0 again? I may have to bring my rig to your house so we can war together..lol

I will be taking it to the max I can get out of it and a little bit more. I have been trying to figure out why it has been running running really warm since I put the quad on and moved everything to the torture rack. I could feel the radiator and one end would be pretty hot the other end cold, well I hate to admit this but when I put the fans on the radiator I had one blowing one way and the other two blowing the other way. Thats what happens when I get in a hurry...

Edit: You can check out the scores from last year to give you an idea how the C2D compares to the Quads. http://www.tweakedgeeks.com/