Post Your Workstation!

Bosco

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Downloaded The Gimp- I think. Went through the whole process, got the installers(I think), got all the other recommended pieces(I think), some zipped, some regular folders. Now I don't know where it is or how to bring it together into an actual program. Man! I'm really in over my head now. If you guys really understand this stuff, my hat's off to you, your'e a bunch of geniuses.

the way i do it is just import it to ms paint then save it as a .jpeg file

Been fooling around with this, works great! Is there a more advanced version? Would be nice to be able to do some real work there. I tried doing photo mods in Word (lots of tools), but Word makes everything a .doc and MS paint won't let it in, so I can't convert it.

Been fooling around with this, works great!  Is there a more advanced version?  Would be nice to be able to do some real work there.  I tried doing photo mods in Word (lots of tools), but Word makes everything a .doc and MS paint won't let it in, so I can't convert it.

Both my Scanner and Digital camera (Canon) came with ArcSoft Photostudio, and it lets you adjust the compression of JPEG's. Anywhere from 8kb to 1.5MB on a 1024x786 photo. 8KB looks absolutely terrible, and 1.5MB is just plain uncompressed goodness. I usually goto 30% compression, looks good and stays small.

Edited by TheSternMystic

Both my Scanner and Digital camera (Canon) came with ArcSoft Photostudio, and it lets you adjust the compression of JPEG's.

But do you also do all of your work with that program, or just send stuff there to compress it?

Also, what version do you have?

Edited by Phil