Whos played cod 4?

firky

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got it the other night and as other have said the single player is epic. You really do feel like it's a movie. So much so in fact it's over in what I can only guess was under 6 hours. It is (like the whole CoD series) very linear, but still great fun.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the game. I have played the CoD franchise since the very first one. To people who say the gameplay is unfair and the ranks yield a significant disadavantage... thats not true. The ranking system is not like battlefield, its very quick. Before you know it, you have the guns you need to compete with those players that have higher ranks than yourself.

I'm a 35 rank (Major I) and I still use the M4. I have it equipped with the red dot scope, double tap, and digital camo. I also use martrdom (I get a kick out of it).

Good Luck and Happy Fragging!!

I was disappointed when I reached the end of single player because I hadn't remembered how much of the game I've played to get that far lol. I just want to keep going and going but hey, they gotta stop giving you missions sometime eh?

i'm tired of that game i only got to rank 47 by playing 20 hours(they made it to easy), back to COD2 i go...man i wish they stuck with WW2 its just that much more fun

I am SOOOOO Glad they moved away from WW2. There are like 10 Billion WW2 games as it is.

There is only so often you can reply the same crap again.

Upon reflection, it is true, once you get past level 10-15 the games picks up online. As you get the better perks, and the M4.

Just started using the MP5, (which I believe is unlocked at the start) never realized how good this thing is!!

Tried the demo a while back, and to be honest, it wasn't the best. Similar turkey shoot -like environments as before, thoroughly scripted and boring. If you don't attack, you'll get an endless amount of enemies coming and you can keep on shooting them forever. Looked alright, though, but that doesn't count to me. The last tolerable CoD was the 2nd part... <_<

Edited by Xolair

Hardcore mode is cool. No hud and no crosshair. Realistic. No map either. I had only one problem I like to use shotgun and without crosshair it was kinda hard to aim at people.

Tried the demo a while back, and to be honest, it wasn't the best. Similar turkey shoot -like environments as before, thoroughly scripted and boring. If you don't attack, you'll get an endless amount of enemies coming and you can keep on shooting them forever. Looked alright, though, but that doesn't count to me. The last tolerable CoD was the 2nd part... dry.gif

Yea I hated that, if you didn't move up all the people that you killed just came back.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Hardcore mode is cool. No hud and no crosshair. Realistic. No map either. I had only one problem I like to use shotgun and without crosshair it was kinda hard to aim at people.

Yea I hated that, if you didn't move up all the people that you killed just came back.

Yeah, makes the shotgun a little less useful but i think HC keeps it from feeling like the "turkey-shoot" that Xolair said, Especially on S and D

Got it same day it was available (pre-order FTW).

Luv this game, upgrading desktop to play it ;).

/agree on the lvls' being annoying a bit, but i picked mp5 first with red dot and rocked. then moved to M4+Red Dot, still using it (at lvl 35). Too bad my lvl's got glitched and erased, or I would be at 45-50 by now.

oh and good advise to everyone, BUY THE CD/DVD VERSIONS; NEVER USE DOWNLOAD VERSIONS. My friend bought his using Direct2Drive, and is getting screwed on patches. He might end up buing a dvd version b/c of it.

/VOTE to make OCC: CoD4 ;)