Holy Fast Internet Batman!

hardnrg

Bah you wana try Southampton Uni's internet, upload wasn't great (probably limited) but I always remember downloading the 1.5Gb Adobe Premier trial in 3 minutes and various other ISOs similarly quickly :ph34r:

Now I'm out of halls we're getting Be's 24Mbps broadband but I don't know what speeds we can expect to acheive, probably nearer 15Mbps having read some information and user comments about it.

And while I'm at home in the shire we're lucky to get 512Kbps :/

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shaw in Alberta Canada offers 25 down and 1 up... I don't get these garbage up speeds.....

I started with shaw here in the U.S. they have since changed names to Cebridge and now Suddenlink, 5Mb service they claim. I get the 5 down but only 300 kbps up. There always having problems of some kind it seems but mostly due to bad weather, lightning storms etc.

I am on BT Total Broadband in Northern Ireland!!

Look at these rubbish results!!

184816307.png

This is not a joke!! these are my actual speeds!

never actually seen faster upload than download. I am impressed.

heres mine at reccomended

184853613.png

and here is mine a little farther away

184853916.png

nevermind, I can get higher upload than download, I just have to try connecting to china

184854417.png

this is my SBC yahoo dsl line. its pretty good i guess, no random disconnects like we had with roadrunner. got ~4.5mbps down and ~360kbps up. this dsl is 15 bucks a month cheaper too. they are laying finre optic lines all over the city i live in so it should only be a matter of time before we get verizon fios 15mb down 2mb up package.