Why do you use FireFox?

kendellrt

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there an add-on or setting on FF that will back up your settings for you? I need to re-install WinXP, it's about that time again, and I would love to just be able to set it up the way it is now and forget it.

Is there an add-on or setting on FF that will back up your settings for you? I need to re-install WinXP, it's about that time again, and I would love to just be able to set it up the way it is now and forget it.

I just backup this folder <C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\Mozilla> and delete and paste after a new installation of FF. It works perfectly. Although, if you have extensions that tend to get bloated and slow down FF (like Tabbrowser Extension), then all that bloat gets carried along and added to. Once in awhile, I just make note of all my extensions and themes, save my bookmarks, and start from nothing.

I just backup this folder <C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\Mozilla> and delete and paste after a new installation of FF. It works perfectly. Although, if you have extensions that tend to get bloated and slow down FF (like Tabbrowser Extension), then all that bloat gets carried along and added to. Once in awhile, I just make note of all my extensions and themes, save my bookmarks, and start from nothing.

Thanks

I just flat out DON'T. it's built off the same crappy code as netscape was back in the day. same open to virus / spyware code that it was then.

I use opera on both windows and the mac. why? it works (contrary to those who say it doesn't.. please check your settings), and it's obscure enough that the spyware / virus writers dont' bother to write it into thier code.

I just flat out DON'T. it's built off the same crappy code as netscape was back in the day. same open to virus / spyware code that it was then.

Yeah, I guess if you ignore the fact that what you just said isn't true then it makes sense not to use it.

I use it because it's extremely rare that I run into a website that doesn't render correctly and because it's MUCH faster than IE7 as well as able to handle a lot more varied plugins.

yes it DOES handle things correctly. but it shares core code from netscape... or shall I say netscape shares the same code. it's much like looking at NT4 next to vista. many of the flaws have been fixed... but it doesn't excuse the fact that it's STILL the same core code (hence the reason most sites display correctly). Netscape was built on top of Mozilla... kind of like the AOL browser was and is now sitting on top of IE6.

3. everyone that i know who use IE regularly has gotten malware to the point were the computer barley turns on

4. everyone that i know who use Firefox regularly has NEVER gotten malware

enough said?

You mean the interweb isn't safe?! :blink:

Edited by p8baller07