Six days until we loose our 23rd position

road-runner

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I just truned a 2605.

As for teh SMP service thing, yes the option is there when you configure the client, but I

ve never had it work properly. I'll play around with manual service setup when i get a sec.

when there gaining 77,000 PPD on us.

Holy !@#$

well I just truned a 2605.

As for teh SMP service thing, yes the option is there when you configure the client, but I

ve never had it work properly. I'll play around with manual service setup when i get a sec.

Holy !@#$

The option is physically there, but does not work yet. I have a thread that shows how I set it up to make it easier. There is a way to force it as a service, but it isn't worth the effort; we should just wait til that heature is turned on.

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.p...st&p=703500

The option is physically there, but does not work yet. I have a thread that shows how I set it up to make it easier. There is a way to force it as a service, but it isn't worth the effort; we should just wait til that heature is turned on.

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.p...st&p=703500

I wouldn't want to have to log into every account that'll use the computer(s) and install it. I'll just wait for the official SMP release. I don't care about more points if it means a hassle, sorry :P

Im finally SMP stable (Through 6 WU's now) on 3.303 Ghz and 1.5125 Vcore... So its doing all it can..

My only hope now (For an excuse to get one of them New C2D, G0 Stepping) is for me to somehow fry this chip.. That shouldn't be hard... :)

If its any consolation, they have 6 times as many active folders as we do, and only a little more than double the folding power. As far as me, I'll be folding eventually, whenever I get my rig up and running, I could get another computer folding, but I aint running folding on a computer I dont own without a temp monitor, and its a dell.

edit: This is depressing, Team novell is in 87th place with only 4 users pumping out 61884 ppd. Thats allot of folding per user.

I'm doing just about all I can for now, my x1950xtx is working between SMP WUs, since those take nearly two days with the X2. If more people at OCC just pitched in and got a cheap x1950pro/xt and ran the GUI client how I do, we'd be looking at some better production.

I'm doing just about all I can for now, my x1950xtx is working between SMP WUs, since those take nearly two days with the X2. If more people at OCC just pitched in and got a cheap x1950pro/xt and ran the GUI client how I do, we'd be looking at some better production.

Sure, I'll pop that in my second PCIe slot and see how that works for me! :rolleyes:

@ chavalcito, that's what I plan to do when the GPU client for the 2900XT comes out :) 2900XT folding when I'm not gaming, and the X1950Pro in the second PCI-e slot folding full force 24/7 ;)

@ Hyper_Threaded, I find that you can run them both simultaneously and still get more PPD than running one after the other. The GPU client on my X1950Pro was like 13s a frame when I had the Linux SMP running, on the X1950XTX it should be even faster!